Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League Knockout 1st Round Draw

I really liked the formation Real used last night, except with alonso instead of Guti playing alongside Lass behind the 3 attacking mids. Have ronaldo--Kaka--van der Vaart as the three attackers just behind Higuain and that's an amazing attacking core. I'm a huge van der Vaart fan. I really like his play and I feel he is a little under appreciated at Real. I think Real's line up should be:

-Ramos--Garay--Albiol--Marcelo
--------Alonso-------Lass
--c.ronaldo---Kaka---van der Vaart
-------------Higuain
That's a pretty sexy line up I feel. the 3 attacking mids would pretty much be interchangeable and either could play on any side. Alonso and Lass would also allow Ramos and Marcelo to attack. Earlier in the season, it seemed like Pellegrini felt compelled to use more than one striker. He's been using this kind of line up or something similar for a little while now. I feel this emphasizes their strengths more

ScottyBoy wrote:
jessclark92 wrote:
Nani's ball to Rooney was money. Outside of the foot in stride with perfect pace. Nani and Valencia have really filled the void left by Ronaldo in many ways. Not completly but still its amazing to see United in such good form. I think Rooney can match Ronaldo's 40 goal season if he continues at this pace.

There have been a number of games this season that Man U have scraped though 1 or 2-0 this season, watching them do you never get the feeling "if ronaldo was playing it would be 4 or 5?" I do.

Rooneys been brilliant this season. I believe Sir Alex has said that Rooney can match Ronaldos goal tally, I think he needs 13 goals in his next 14 games (assuming he plays every game including a champions league final.

Im also going to make a controversial claim that Kaka will be playing in Manchester next season.

Rooney has 30 goals so far this season..
23 in the Premier League.. in 27 matched played..
2 in the carling cup, in 3 mathces
1 in the community shield, in 1 match..
4 in the champions league, in 5 matches

In the last 10 games, Rooney has gotten 14 goals..
9 of his last 11 goals have been headers

He has 14 more matches left like you said, assuming he makes the champs league final... Ronaldo scored 42, if Rooney can score 1 goal per match he will surpass Ronaldo's record.. Taking into acount that he has 14 goals in 10 games, that is 1.4 goals per game, so according to statistics he would make it...

But we obviously can't rely on statistics.. And that is IF Man U makes it to the final.. Also, its really hard for a striker to keep his great form for so long, but Rooney seems to been doing fine, and he seems to keep scoring with ease.. Manchester United plays for him now, and his accuracy is getting better...

Some facts say he will beat Ronaldo's record..
Some facts say he wont beat Ronaldo's record..

I guess its all left for Speculation, and in my guess is he will Break it....

I think Manchester United can win the league and the UCL...
But it goes hand in handd, Rooney beats Ronaldo's record if they win the two trophies, and United wins the two trophies if Rooney beats the record...

Damn i'm ranting again, must be the time, I'm quite exhausted
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Quote:
That's a pretty sexy line up I feel. the 3 attacking mids would pretty much be interchangeable and either could play on any side. Alonso and Lass would also allow Ramos and Marcelo to attack. Earlier in the season, it seemed like Pellegrini felt compelled to use more than one striker. He's been using this kind of line up or something similar for a little while now. I feel this emphasizes their strengths more

You're exactly right. Pellegrini for a while was using this:

----------------Casillas----------------

Ramos---Garay---Albiol---Arbeloa

----------------Alonso----------------

---------Lass---------------Marcelo-

--------------Kaka (or VDV when Kaka had the hernea)
-------------------------Ronaldo------
---------Higuain--------------------------

I like the 4-2-3-1 much better tbh. And I love VDV. When Kaka was out VDV stepped right up and had numerous great performances. He is definitely under-appreciated tbh.
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

I have to say :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: to Chiellini. Lets face it, Madrid is after 40% skill, 60% status. If that wasn't the case they wouldn't had gone the route they went this summer and their targets wouldn't all be big names. It seems like people to realize that even last season Madrid had one of the best squads (I would say on par with this season) talent wise, but it didn't have the star power. (The team lacked something but the players were as good as any team.)

Chiellini may be who they'd look at if say, they were a rational club, but lets face it they aren't. I'm saying Chiellini stays or if he does leave is bought by a club like Man U (in the future not soon), Chelsea (I could see it but I doubt it), or if they'd let him to another Italian club.

anyway I was side tracked but thats my 2 cents

jessclark92 wrote:
Nani's ball to Rooney was money. Outside of the foot in stride with perfect pace.

got a vid? highlight etc..

Wanderer wrote:
jessclark92 wrote:
Nani's ball to Rooney was money. Outside of the foot in stride with perfect pace.

got a vid? highlight etc..

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/cham ... its-future.
it's about milan but it has the highlights on the page.

I think any doubts people have over Messi's ability to score from distance should be answered with his brace today.

shahensha wrote:
I think any doubts people have over Messi's ability to score from distance should be answered with his brace today.

I was gonna post thattt as well :).... He almost got a hattrickk today..

It will be awesome if Manchester United face off Barcelona again in the final. It will be the classic battle of the number 10s. The White Pele vs The Next Maradona. The two close contenders for the Player of the Year.

Then again Inter and Mourinho look like strong contenders.

Haha speaking of which... I think Messi has 31 goals this season while Rooney has 32.. almost sure of that..... The only one that has more goals than Rooney is Uruguayan Luis Suarez of Ajax who has like 38 or something..

After Checking The Stats:

Rooney has 25 in the EPL, 4 in the UCL, 2 in the League Cup, and 1 in the Community Shield
Messi has 22 in the league.. 4 in the champions league.. 2 in the World Club Cup thing...2 in the Spanish Super Cup.. and 1 in the Copa del Rey...

The record so far of goals scored in a season if I'm not Mistaken is the 42 that Ronaldo scored, that these two hope to break...

So both are in form, both have teams with Strong Possibilities of Winning the UCL, and their own leagues, we'll see who ends up on top ..

Oh yeah, another fun one, Messi scored 38 last season, and he has a personal record to beat, while I think Rooney broke his personal record when he got his 20th goal haha :D

I am extremely excited of the quarterfinals draw tomorrow. I hope Barca gets Arsenal. That would be an interesting match up.

panchester07 wrote:
The record so far of goals scored in a season if I'm not Mistaken is the 42 that Ronaldo scored, that these two hope to break...

Nah Van nisteeroly, 44 goals, 02-03 season I think..

I get to do this? Alrighhhhhhhhht!!!!! The draws have been made, it looks like this :

Inter - CSKA

Bayern Munchen - Manchester United

Lyon - Bordeaux

Arsenal - Barcelona :twisted:

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... barcelonas

The winner of the Bayern Munchen - Manchester United leg, plays the winner of the Lyon - Bordeaux leg.. The winner of the Inter - CSKA leg, play the winner of the Arsenal - Barcelona leg.. In the semi finals..

A Barcelona - Man U final is quite plausible at this moment, but theres still a long way to go.. and anything can happen

panchester07 wrote:
I get to do this? Alrighhhhhhhhht!!!!! The draws have been made, it looks like this :

http://expertfootball.com/forum/viewtop ... 888#211888

Afraid not.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ScottyBoy wrote:
panchester07 wrote:

http://expertfootball.com/forum/viewtop ... 888#211888

Afraid not.

Freaking European, I have to loose hours of sleep to watch the draw when you can just turn on the TV in the middle of the day.. I'm gonna complain to Platini.