Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Porto v Arsenal

Which Porto goal was funnier
Fabianski's own goal  44%  (4 votes)
The quickly taken free kick inside the box  56%  (5 votes)

Blame the Porto groundstaff for their underhanded tactics.

I am absolutely 100% convinced that Sol Campbell was running in quicksand all night.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Panchester, you cannot say that any goal in the Chamions League is easy.

It either took brilliant skill to pull it off like a freekick or a long dribble past many players, or it took good positioning skills and reading of the game to be in the right place at the right time for an easy finish, Campbells goal was a case of the latter but that doesn't make it any less of a goal, Ruud Van Nistlerooy made a career from been at the right place at the right time.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

So what? Who cares about Venisterlooy? We are talking about campbell.. His goal was basically a tap in, the ball pretty much found his head an all he did was put it in by giving it direction... A goal is a goal, and that is perfectly fine, but you can't say Sol Campbell played good because he had a goal, no he defended pretty bad, pretty regular, not Arsenal level in my opinion...He didn't do his job that well, and a tap in, isnt gonna change my opinion that he defended lame, you see where am going?

He defended weakly, and a fortunate header from a feet away, isn't going to make me say that he played so well.. It was fortune... It was goal, it counts, but the fact remains he was slow, heavy, and out of shape.. Which is normal, but its unexcusable at this level anyway..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Panchester..did you even watch the same game? HAHA. You are telling me campbell defended weakly? He actually was one of our better defenders that game. one on one, he was hard to get by. He was a big presence, and held his own. Don't know what you were looking at. Plus he had the goal.

Ill tell you the one problem with arsenal. READY FOR IT!?!

...Injuries. Injury after injury after injury.

Van persie (out long term), Walcott (been in and out), Bedtner (just got back), clichy (got back a bit ago..hasnt been the same), Gibbs (long term), eduardo (in and out)

against porto we had Song, Alumnia, Gallas and arshavin out as well. Diaby has been in and out with small injuries. Nasri has been in and out. Cesc has been back lately thank god...was in and out before.

Its gotta be so frustrating to never have your best 11 on the field. To get one player back, and then two more injured. I'm surprised they are even doing as well as they are. Thank goodness we have a deep team and good youth talent. But it still messes with the flow of the team. It still messes the roles and can be mentally challenging to know you can't have your best team out there. It has been showing offensively (lately the finishing has been no wehre near as good), and defensivly (too many mistakes, frantic/sloppy defending.)

I remember Campbell making a fantastic challenge to stop a player who was 1v1 with the keeper.

As I recall, he played well overall. He makes up for a lack of pace with experience. Of course he would be better with a bit more speed in his game... but that doesn't mean he's not still an effective centre back.

With the 2nd goal, he didn't react in the correct manner at all. But that was a single, admittedly costly, error.

Thing is players like John Terry and Ferdinand would probably have made the same error. Been realistic he didn't help himself by turning away for a second, but the ref appeared to block him from making a challenge. I too thought he had a brilliant game defensively but maybe i was watching a different game from panchester, or my Idea of good is far below his or something, but besides that, he didn't make alot of mistakes and alot of players would have missed his header.

Arsenal will kill them second leg reguardless.

There were so many errors with the 2nd goal....

1. Fabianski had to take control of the situation, he could see Campbell and the defender and he has to talk to his defender. He either has to come and hoof the ball or drop back so Campbell had room to pass back to him. As he was so close to Campbell without taking the ball, it was the start of the problems.

2. WTF did Fabianski pick up the ball for. Picking up a backpass is a last resort to prevent a certain goal.

3. As soon as the free kick was given, Fabianski starts arguing with the officials. Personally, I would have been holding onto the ball and shouting at defenders to get back. That way, you could 'ignore' the refs demands to give back the ball for a bit longer hoping your team mates would get back.

4. WTF did Fabianski give the ball back so quickly?

5. WTF did Fat Sol not stand over the ball so they couldn't take a free kick

6. WTF didn't the other Francenal defenders get back quicker. The Porto lad who scored got there quickly enough to support his team mate.

The ref has been getting a lot of stick and I think its unfair. Why shouldn't he allow Porto to take a free kick. The Arsenal players made so many mistakes but they don't want to take the blame. I think the ref should be applauded for giving the goal. It was a good bit of quick thinking by Porto. Delaying the free kick would have just penalised Porto even further by allowing Francenal to get players behind the ball and once they'd done that, it would have been very difficult to score from that position.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Article about how Wenger thinks the refs are incompetent. I think he accidently said "refs" instead of "my players" or Fabianski". Sounds like sour grapes to me.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 05,00.html

Quote:
Even a 7 year old knows better than to pick up a pass back to the keeper.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wenger reads this and goes to buy a new 7 yr old French goalkeeper
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Evan wrote:
Quote:
Even a 7 year old knows better than to pick up a pass back to the keeper.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wenger reads this and goes to buy a new 7 yr old French goalkeeper

haha.. It was campbells fault, he was suppose to be covering it, but the dummy actually touched it, if you see it wasn't a clear pass, he didn't mean to touch it....

Oh the inactivity, the inactivity
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Everyone makes mistakes..i don't think its anyones fault.

I kid lol.

1. Pros make mistakes, but they need to get over it, he should have tried to correct it by smashing it out for a throw in or screaming "SHIT IVE TOUCHED IT"

2. Goalkeeper didn't want to give the ball, the ref snatched it off him rofl.

3. Goalkeeper should have been alert, either raping the freekick taker or paying attention to stop a shot.

4. The only thing the Ref done wrong was stand in the way of Sol.

Andy Gray's analysis pretty much sums up how I feel about the situation.

Bad refereeing.