Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League Quarter/Semi final Draw

Quarter Final Draw

Lyon v Bordeaux

Bayern Munich v Manchester Utd

Arsenal v Barcelona

Inter v CSKA Moscow

Semi Final draw

Bayern Munich/Manchester Utd Vs Lyon/Bordeaux

Inter/CSKA Moscow Vs Arsenal/Barcelona

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Amazing... For the sake of exciting football aesthetics, I hope for a Barcelona vs Arsenal clash and that is what I get. God listens.

EDIT: Also UEFA still continues the trend of awkward confrontations between players and their former teams.

Are you talking about Cesc vs Barcelona? or Henry against Arsenal?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

bsc

I've been rooting for an Arsenal v Lyon final since we found out who the top 16 were.

I'm surprised that it's still possible, but am not very optomistic.

United have got to be happy with their side of the bracket, but you never know.

I think Cesc knows he shouldn't go to Barca in the transfer market for another two years, when Xavi starts getting a little old and Fab can just win the place based on merit. I'm content with that.

For some reason the only game I'm not interested in watching is the Bayern v Manchester. I see the first leg as a definite 0-0 or 1-0. knowing my prediction skills it will probably be 5-4 .
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

bsc wrote:
I've been rooting for an Arsenal v Lyon final since we found out who the top 16 were.

I'm surprised that it's still possible, but am not very optomistic.

United have got to be happy with their side of the bracket, but you never know.

I think Cesc knows he shouldn't go to Barca in the transfer market for another two years, when Xavi starts getting a little old and Fab can just win the place based on merit. I'm content with that.

For some reason the only game I'm not interested in watching is the Bayern v Manchester. I see the first leg as a definite 0-0 or 1-0. knowing my prediction skills it will probably be 5-4 .

Well yeah we have an easier contendant than say Inter, or Barcelona, but bayern is no picninc... They are first in the bundesliga, and playing superb.. Robben is scoring goals and goals, they wont be easy, and Ribbery is always there to destroy defenses, just look at the beautiful goal he scored on Barcelona last year.... But yeah, I trust we will win.. And I deffer from you, I think the match will have more goals, I have no idea why it would be so closed!? Both teams are goal scoring machines

bsc

Fergie might set up to frustrate Bayern and stop them from passing through the middle. Then snatch a goal when the Munich defense inevitabley make a mistake (they are a bit shakey at the back, especially when you shut them down).

I think United's most effective stategy will make for a boring first leg for a neutral. However, if it manages to stay tied by the second leg, it could be explosive.
Image Image

bsc wrote:
Fergie might set up to frustrate Bayern and stop them from passing through the middle. Then snatch a goal when the Munich defense inevitabley make a mistake (they are a bit shakey at the back, especially when you shut them down).

I think United's most effective stategy will make for a boring first leg for a neutral. However, if it manages to stay tied by the second leg, it could be explosive.

I honestly don't think that will be the strategy, nor Fergie's style.. Do you have any reason to believe it is?

IMO Fergie always goes out to win, to attack, and to impose their level.. Not to get dominated, or play defensively, counterattack or anything similar.. The one time we did in Rome last year, we got fucked 2-0..

I'm pretty sure he is just gonna play to win lol...and thats it

bsc

I'm sure they'll set out to play positive football (they usually do), I just got a funny feelinng that's not how it's gonna actually turn out that way. Stranger things have happened. Don't see the game actually opening up intil 10 minutes into the second leg.

It's all bogus predictions, innit? We'll see when it happens.
Image Image

Predictions I guess:

Lyon v Bordeaux

Bayern Munich v Manchester Utd

Arsenal v Barcelona

Inter v CSKA Moscow

Semi Final draw

Bayern Munich/Manchester Utd Vs Lyon/Bordeaux

Inter/CSKA Moscow Vs Arsenal/Barcelona

with Barcelona winning it all. The only upsets I see are Bayern beating Man U (if Robben and Ribery can break their defenses, they're 2 players who are more than capible), or Inter beating Barcelona in the semi's (granted they both make it there, which lets be honest they will). If Bayern win against Man U I think they'll go down to Inter or Barcelona. I think if Inter beats Barcelona they win it all.

But really predictions aren't worth anything.

I'm going for Arsenal I think they can beat Barcelona if they dig in and really put in work.

BTW how do I change my avatar back to no avatar or delete my avatar?

In my humble opinion, Barcelona's overrated this year. If they wouldn't have won all 6 titles last year, this year they would be considered a candidate for the final and the title.. But since they won all 6 things, and are in the quarter finals, people start talking "Yeah Barcelona is probably gonna win it all"....

But honestly, their win wasn't nearly as amazing as Arsenal's or Man U's... Arsenal ran over Porto with a 6-2 average... Porto is 3rd in Portugal... Man U also had fun with Milan, winning on global score of 7-2, Milan is 2nd by a point in Italy... Barcelona, had the least "abundant" result, they won 5-1.... They scored less goals, and won with less category than the two English teams mentioned, and had an easier contendant, Sttutgart, 7th in the german league....

Barcelona is strong, but if you ignore the fact that last year they won everythign (in the past) you have a team that is playing very good, but that have teams that have played better lately.... Arsenal and Man U played better, scored more, but people say Barca is favorite cause they basically are Barca.....

Anyway thats my opinion, Barca is a great team, but so are a few more that still are in that competition...And to call them favorite in my opinion is a bit "biased" cause people are assuming they have the same level than last year, and that the opposition hasn't gotten any better, and doesn't know how they play yet...

I say in anygame Man U, Inter, Arsenal could beat Barca.. It goes both ways though...

panchester07 wrote:
Are you talking about Cesc vs Barcelona? or Henry against Arsenal?

Well considering Cesc left before getting promoted to the first team, Henry really . However, Fabregas making a return to the camp nou will add extra drama to the fixture since he is the child product of the barcelona system. The number 4 aka playmaker pivot role that he masterfully displays as the leader of Arsenal was developed in Bara's youth system. Him and Messi were from the same class and collectively killed it in the youth league.

As for Barcelona's form this season. The team has been marred by a lot more injuries this season compared to last. The injuries to Iniesta, Toure, Henry, Abidal, Keita and Alves really affected the team.

I am beginning to see a ray of hope though. Guardiola has changed the 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 formation that almost every team played in the last EURO. Xavi/Toure and Busquets in the middle, Pedro and Iniesta on the wings. Finally Messi playing the classic number 10 role and Henry playing the striker up front.

Messi has been a delightful revelation in the centre. His passing and finishing has improved significantly. Due to his threatening skills, he just absorbs the fearful defenders anywhere he moves, thus creating large amounts of space for his teammates. Hopefully he stays healthy cause if there is an injury to him, its game over.

I really hope Henry breaks his Champions League duck and to do it against Arsenal would be remarkable. He has been showing excellent form in the past 2 games after coming on a sub. When positioned as a centre forward, his movement and contribution to the ball movement has helped in improving Barca's play by a ton. In these past two games I have seen slight sparks reminiscent of Henry's Arsenal flame when he played. I hope he reignites soon.

MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI!!!!!

:D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6vEHGzmroA&feature=player_embedded

Don't see CR7 or Rooney scoring goals like these..

Wanderer wrote:
MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI!!!!!

:D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6vEHGzmroA&feature=player_embedded

Don't see CR7 or Rooney scoring goals like these..

The skill when he skips away from the first challenge the controls it as he lands is just astonishing. He is the best

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.