Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League Quarter/Semi final Draw

Ok calling Ibra a flop is a harsh verdict, but he is no where near as good as Eto'o was and he is supposedly worth significantly more.

And i know robben is a brilliant player, i was talking about that goal lol. Anyone else on the planet could have took that shot on and looked like and idiot as the keeper laughs at it before catching it, but for him the keeper managed to screw it up due to the tiniest of deflections lol.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

IMHO, 40 mil + Eto'o for Ibra and the results we've seen so far is a flop. Just my 2 cents. Brilliant player, but nowhere near what was expected.

Benzema is a worse flop though.
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

All pumped for today's match...

Prediction - Inter goes through thanks to a brilliant tactical formation by Mourinho.....

Though if Barca scores in the first 30 minutess things could change...

The whole city of barcelona is in a mission to giving Inter helll..

Last weekend if anyone saw the games the players wore T-shirts calling all fans to go to the stadium, and how they didn't want 1 empty seat..

Pique said
"We want the Inter players to hate being footballers when they step here"
So morally, and psycologically Inter players will be Under pressure and Barcelona will have an advantage, this time, probably more than ever.. Though Italian fans aren't nice either and Classics vs Milan, and Roma i.e. have hostile high presusre environments like the expected one today!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Evan what do you think of Kaka? Flop or not.

I agree with you that Benzema has been a flop in reality for Madrid, but i'm not sure about Kaka. The problem with him is that he has been injured, but even when he was not injured he did not seem that convincing, merely a shadow of the old fantastic player he used to be. Some times his brilliance shines through, hopefully when he's fit we'll see the old Kaka shining through more.

Panchester, same, i can't wait for this, i think this is the most important leg, some would argue the Champions League could be won or lost tonight for either teams.

I think the fact that some of the Barcelona players think they need the crowds support to win the game and go through really shows the lack of confidence and in a way the sort of shell shock the team has experienced, because they've not been in a situation like this for a long time. Ronaldinho pulled brilliant moments out for Barcelona in bad situations when it seemed all but lost. Now we're gonna see if Messi can do so. In my opinion Mourinho is the second best manager in the world.

What Messi did to Maicon was quite derty.. Was a foul and even for a yellow.. Its cool that the ref didn't see it, but don't say the ref is agaisnt you, cause he missed a clear foul!

EDIT: that was never for a red, maybe a yellow that would have been the second one, but Busquets is a flaming homosexual to dive the way he did...The nou camp is getting in the refs head..

As of right now, having 4 defenders for barcelona looks useless..

I would sub out Gabriel Milito for Maxwell, Bojan or Henry...

bsc

Evan wrote:
IMHO, 40 mil + Eto'o for Ibra and the results we've seen so far is a flop. Just my 2 cents. Brilliant player, but nowhere near what was expected.

The 40 mil was because Eto'o was going to leave for free after one more season. His attidude showed he didn't want to stay with barca, and realistically they weren't in any position to get much for him, as fantastic a player he is. I always saw that transfer as Zlatan for 40 mil, with Eto'o being able to leave one year early instead trying to keep an unhappy player.

In those terms just thinking about it, it's too early to tell if Zebra was worth the cash, however, if the likes of Berbatov can cost 30 mil, I think 40 for Ibra isn't that bad.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

Met

I reckon Bojan should be put on for Ibra. The height is advantageous but its not the way Barca play and so it useless. I like Bojan because they tell him where to play. Ibra has to play between the posts to be at his most effective, unfortuunately, meaning Messi can't move as well as he likes. Bojan is in form but Pep goes for Ibra. I think the team is carrying Ibra a little bit, Bojan has chipped in for more than enough. Pedro had his chance, so did Messi, maybe its Bojan turn to take the headlines?

EDIT: OMG they just did what I was thinking. Hmm here comes pace for ya Inter. Thing is, Dani and Maxwell are going to panic and cross the ball into a penalty box full of midgets hehe.

holyy shittttttttttt

Mou didddd ittttttttttttttttttt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

COMMMMONNNNNNN!!!!!

WOOOOOOO!!!
That match was a lesson in how to defend. Inter's back 4 had better all get in the Fifa team of the year.
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

I change my statement.

Mourinho is the best manager in the world. Not bad for a translator.

If he can conquer the best team in the world with Inter Milan, he is easily the best manager in the world.

Barcelona will be gutted, but at the end of the day they weren't good enough.

The best team went through, and the big players for Barcelona didn't turn up.

The Officials were wrong for nearly every single big decision. I don't think that Bojan's goal should have been ruled out, the ball struck Yaya Toure in the stomach, whether it touched his hand or not made not difference to where the ball ended up and he didn't intentionally hand ball it. So no handball for me.

I loved how the second most expensive player in the world couldn't do anything all game but Pique pulled out a finish better or atleast as good as anything Ibrahimovic will ever do.

Quote:
If he can conquer the best team in the world with Inter Milan, he is easily the best manager in the world.

Now that's just unfair to the Inter players. Inter have always been able to play top class football, they just needed motivation and organization. They got it under Mourinho, and the results speak for themselves, but it's not like he brought a mediocre team to the top.
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

mr_dude wrote:
Quote:

Now that's just unfair to the Inter players. Inter have always been able to play top class football, they just needed motivation and organization. They got it under Mourinho, and the results speak for themselves, but it's not like he brought a mediocre team to the top.

True, I don't know what your trying to say KLC, Inter is an excellent team..

And their not the first team to beat Barcelona...

In fact why are they "the best team in the world" technically, they're not, they're just another leader, like Inter, Chelsea, Bayern Munchen etc, etc..

Player for player, Inter has one of the best squads in the world... Just look at those talents..

Barcelona are for sure the best attacking team in the world, but are they the best team? That's for another topic to discuss. IMO Inter are the best defensive team and the most balanced, Chelsea are pretty well balanced, Barcelona are great at dominating posession and overloading the attack, which we saw a lot of today.

Quote:
loved how the second most expensive player in the world couldn't do anything all game but Pique pulled out a finish better or atleast as good as anything Ibrahimovic will ever do.
You know you are talking about a player who probably has more "HOLY S***, WHAT THE F***, MY MIND IS BLOWN" goals than any other player in history.

Not to go off topic but anyone else laugh at Busquets's fake injury? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mVdYAmy85U
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.