Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League Quarter/Semi final Draw

   
Yes I agree schooling Zaragoza defence isnt really much of an accomplishment compared to Fulham, not because of the league difference but because Zaragoza is a poor team.

However, before this hat-trick against Zaragoza, he scored another hat-trick against Valencia. In the first goal, he dribbled from about 30 yards out and schooled the valencia defenders, who mind you are the best team after the two giants of la liga.

Has cronaldo ever started from distance, humiliated the defenders and scored a goal inside the box against either Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal.......or whoever was the third place team at the moment? Let alone score more than two hat-tricks in his 42 goal run? Nevermind scoring two league hat-tricks back to back.

As for cronaldo scoring loads of free-kicks. He has been a professional longer than Messi so he has had more chances. Messi, although sharing free-kick duties with ibra, alves and xavi, he has begun taking free-kicks THIS season and has gotten on the score sheet a couple of times.

Also I understand you claiming Messi rarely shoots from distance, nevermind scores....
He has recently started shooting from distance alot.....recently....if you watched regularly you could tell he has started taking shots from distance now......hell if you even watched the highlights you would know, in the past week he has scored 3 goals outside the box.

I am not comparing the two players. Nor am I saying Cronaldo is not a talented player. Both have different styles. Cronaldo is a number 9 who is all about power and flash when he plays. He is about finishing. Messi is a number 10 who is all simple efficiency and finesse when he plays. He is not only about finishing but setting up plays as well.

What I am trying to convey here is that considering Messi's young age, his skill is shooting up the ranks very quickly. If he keeps this up, he will definitely be regarded as one of the best in history.

When the future looks back they will know, Pele was excellence, Maradona was brilliance, Cruyff was genius, Ronaldo was Phenomenon, Ronaldinho was magic......and dont know about the future, but at present, Messi is simply celestial.
Image

   
chelsea dissapointed vs inter...
JESUS IS LORD
Image
Oh crap,missed me bus!!
Image

   
holy shit! you are back
Image

   
God damn it, just typed like 10 parragraphs proving why Messi is better than Ronaldo, and now it got deleted because I hadn't logged in..

From a strong Ronaldo fan, loved him when he played in Man U, and still admire him greatly, he is fabulous. But if Ronaldo is fabulous then there isn't adjectives to describe what Messi is doing. From a Ronaldo fan, and a Messi hater (hate him when he plays for Barca cause he's rivals with Man U and Real ).. Messi is better, look at the stats, its the most obvious resource to compare players in fact the only one.. Messi dribbles 3..4 players and scores all the time, with or without Xavi, with or Without Iniesta, with or without Alves. He wins the games for Barcelona, he has 34 goals, and has 11 more matches just in the league to go.. in the champions he has at least 2 more, with a possibility of it being 5.(hopefully not)


There was a time you could argue, Ronaldo had a better 2007 - 2008 season, and Messi had a better 2008-2009 season, and you couldn't tell for sure who is better, but now its clear as water who is owning who.. Messi having 34 goals this season, and having atleast 13 match more to go, is more than clear that he is gonna break Ronaldo's scoring record. Ronaldo was a guy that was the best because he scored a lot, well thats another thing that Messi is gonna beat him on, yes I swear you, Messi is gonna break Ronaldo's record. The best thing that Ronaldo had, the only thing that kept him in the top, is about to get broken. Ronaldo = lots of goals, and now thats another thing Messi is better than him at.. Messi assists, creates games, makes plays, destroys defenses.. Ronaldo scores goals, thats it, and now Messi does that better than him.. In the league, the only fair way to compare statistics, because they play the same teams, Messi has 10 more goals than Ronaldo, they guy that steals the ball from his own teammates to score, is getting owned by the guy that lets his teammates take penalties, assist and is completely unselfish.

Messi is better than Ronaldo in the only thing Ronaldo is truely strong at, and that is scoring goals.

All the other abilities mensioned, Messi already beat Ronaldo at, now that Messi is better than Ronaldo also scoring goals, its more than clear who is the better player THIS YEAR.

Its more thann clear and if you dont admit it, either you are:
1) Stubborn
2) Blind
3) an incovenient dumbass muppet
4) have a crush on Ronaldo to big to see the truth

I think most people that are still arguing that Ronaldo is better fall into # 1 category.. though they could be any other one as well.. (this aint directed towars anyone, just saying in general)

Oh KLC, that goals is never as nice, or requires as much skills as Messi's. and Ronaldo has done that maybe a handful of times or less, Lio beats more players 3-5 and scores, and does it more often than Ronaldo.. Bad defending my anus, going between two defenders like Ronaldo did is easy when you have the (lackof) communication factor. That was a very nice goal, but I can name 4 this week that Messi scored that I think where better.. Ronaldo beat 2, and just pushed the ball away from another one, not even getting past him really, in fact the defender got a piece of the ball but just deflected it. Messi leaves the defenders with a broken spine in the floor, thats beating a player, and then beats them again, and then scores.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

   
Quote:
Its more thann clear and if you dont admit it, either you are:
1) Stubborn
2) Blind
3) an incovenient dumbass muppet
4) have a crush on Ronaldo to big to see the truth


Other than #2, I'd say all of those fit a certain Ronaldo fan on these boards :lol: NO offense of course.

On topic: Messi is clearly better this season. The Ronaldo goal that klc posted is by no means better than Messi's second vs. Zaragoza IMO. Plus the fact that he had a similar goal vs. Valencia the week before is even more proof of Messi's brilliance. I laugh at the posts about Ronaldo's long distance shooting. Messi can score outside the 18, albeit it is not often, he does score them. Everybody goes back to Ronaldo's goal vs. Porto where he pulled the shot out of his ass from 40 yards. Ok, good job Ronaldo you did it. Repeat that and I will be astounded. IMO the Messi goal that is so similar to Maradona's is just as brilliant. Also, on the topic of free kicks, Messi has proven that he can score those aswell.

My 2 cents. (Btw I'm not a huge fan of either of these, obviously I like them both but neither is my idol)
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Image

   
My 1 cent:
Messi is the first player in La Liga History to score two Hattricks in two games in a row. He's 22 damn it, he could be my older brother just 1 meter shorter haha.. He has 2-3 more world cups in him, we'll have Messi for ages.

OFF Topic: He is so good, I wonder if the hormone's they gave him to grow have an effect on him just destroying all competition put in front of him. Maybe they built his muscles in a un natural super strong way !? :!: :?: :?:
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

   

bsc

shahensha wrote:
holy shit! you are back

He must be back on the Tevezahol. It's some potent stuff ;)
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

   
bsc wrote:
shahensha wrote:
holy shit! you are back

He must be back on the Tevezahol. It's some potent stuff ;)


Let me ask you a question without any offense..
Is that joke funny in where your from? :lol:

I have a hard time laughing at that haha :) But hey, maybe its funny when you say it in real life ;)..

Nevermind me bsc, I'm just giving you a hard time
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

   

bsc

You guys should know back from my self-made jokes section and the corner of chaos in the EFM I don't exactly have what you would call an "average" sense of humour.

In bsc land that one gives me a right smile.
actually more for the grammar of the joke than anything else. People constantly add the suffix holic to words, when in fact the correct suffix is just ic. it's turned into common practise.
Now I really want to sit down and try to write some actual jokes.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

   
Quote:
In bsc land that one gives me a right smile.


ur momm givs me a rite to smiles
   
shahensha wrote:
holy shit! you are back


lol yea! im back...who do u all reckon will win between bayern and manu
JESUS IS LORD
Image
Oh crap,missed me bus!!
Image

   
Well Rooney is on fire, so I guess Man United.

Then again Bayern have Robben, who can dribble his way out of any defence. Man united has come up short against Bayern in recent encounters. It will be difficult for them to achieve it but they surely will.
Image

   
Yeah, me too, sometimes I can't come up with the reasons, but its something a football fan can smell when a team is going through.. Anyhow, Man U have beat recently Man City, Arsenal, Milan twice, and now Liverpool... I think this confirms our fantastic form.. Bayern is also leaders in their league, but their pace isn't as steady as ours, they just lost last fixture in the bundesliga btw...

It will be interesting though.. But yeah I think Man U will come out victorious..

Another match that I don't know for sure who will win is Arsenal vs Barcelona.. Sure Barcelona is favorite, but Arsenal is playing some fierce football and have been winning matches by landslide for a while now.. Thoughts?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

   
It will be the battle of the midfield! Both are possession savy, purely offensive styled teams. The one that controls the midfield will control the game.

Messi's dribbling has been superb but he needs to do it at a quicker pace, especially against the speedsters on Arsenal's defence.

I am sure Henry wont appreciate it, but he has to prove his professionalism and step up.

However..............finally a fixture where there is no bus parking!
Image

   
tevezaholic wrote:
chelsea dissapointed vs inter...


agreed . I was so dissapointed . Inter have now made themselves a potential side to win the CL under Murinho . I really think its chelseas old players. Malouda 29 , Anelka 31 , Drogba 31 , Frank lampard 30 and michael ballack also 30 , im not saying its a bad squad but its a great old squad that will only get worse . Anchelloti is in need of rejuvinating the ageing squad if Chelsea are to impress in CL next season.