Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

UEFA reform

UEFA president Michael Platini today announced that the levels of corruption in UEFA and the sport of soccer itself have reached unacceptable levels.

Speaking to reporters this morning, Platini said "I don't think we should allow it, it's not acceptable the amount of [players] who are trying to manipulate the referees, or the linesman during a game. [UEFA] needs to take more responsibility for what goes on in our league."

Platini also released details of a new governing body of UEFA commissioned to deal with allegations of corruption within the organization "I think [UEFA] has nothing to hide and this investigation will show that to everyone."

This reaction from the UEFA president is believed to be a response to the disillusionment of many football fans around the world and the growing skepticism over European referees' abilities to identify and punish players who are cheating or attempting to manipulate them.

Asked about what he plans to do about the situation Platini said "We are considering many options, obviously We can't rewrite the laws of the game, but we would like to create harsher punishments for [divers] and others who attempt to cheat. I have been talking to Sepp [Blatter] and I think he is in agreement with what I have been saying."

Asked how he feels about the new rules, star midfielder Cristiano Ronaldo replied "I think that these people are wanting [sic] to stop me because I am so good. They make new rules to stop me but I will still beat them."

Jim Davis -- Associated Press

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ation.html

About goddamn time.
www.mission-control.tumblr.com

LOL did Ronaldo really say that??? Hahahahah!!

PS: That link doesn't work
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Icy

lmao, I hope Ronaldo said that, what a prick. If he'd still be "too good" then how about he stops before the rules are enforced :lol:

On topic - I really hope this comes into effect. Things like diving really pisses me off.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

I'd like to see what they actually do about this
ZIDANE THE LEGEND
Check out my Anaerobic Fitness Guide

Lmao Ronaldo didn't say that.

They need to get video refereeing in first of all, you can't cheat the ref if there is a video to show you the stone cold truth.

As a side note, Uefa say they are punishing players for misconduct more harshly now, but that has resulted in Fabregas been yellow carded, if he was fit to play he would be a crucial part of the return leg in the Nou camp.

We're seeing this all too often, Referees giving yellows for the wrong things and not giving them for the right things. Last year Fletcher got booked in the semi-final and that prevented him from playing in the final, many people think Manchester would have won the game had he been playing, I agree.

Video refereeing seems the only way to beat it now.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

you also have the "tactical fouls" - The fouls that player commit to their rivals that aren't a harsh one, but are done on purpose like to stop a counterattack or prevent a dangerous situation for their team.

I.E Messi is hit in the midfield, obviously the guy tried to bring him down, because if he didn't, messi would basically be 1 v 1 vs the keeper....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Yes I know what you mean.

To be honest that's the worse kind of foul play in my opinion.

People go on saying that Ronaldo is a cheat because he exaggerates fouls, but they are still fouls none the less.

On the other hand you have players who can see a player like Ronaldo or Messi surging forwards with the ball, know they have no chance of stopping them so they obstruct them and foul them to stop them from going through to score. That sort of play makes me sick and ruins the game.

Fouling someone on purpose (to stop a play not hurt them) isn't anything new to any sport. You foul them and you get punished for it (sometimes even yellow or reds). You know as a player what will happen if you don't and you take the responsibility, it may not be the most respectible act but it doesn't even compare to pretending to be fouled so you can have a free shot on goal.

anyway APRIL FOOLS.....

2brown347 wrote:
anyway APRIL FOOLS.....

We have a winner :D

Like platini would actually crack down on corruption! lol
www.mission-control.tumblr.com

Quote:
On the other hand you have players who can see a player like Ronaldo or Messi surging forwards with the ball, know they have no chance of stopping them so they obstruct them and foul them to stop them from going through to score. That sort of play makes me sick and ruins the game

I think you have your perspective mixed up

Professional Fouling (thats what its called) is not new or ruining the game, your not conning the ref, professional foul means your taking responsibility for your actions but sacrificing yourself for the team (often players stand up and accept yellow's even reds without complaints) its not fair but its not hugely disrespectful

Diving on the other hand is very gay... Don't really need to elaborate

I agree with NBP. Professional fouling isn't ruining the game. It's a tactical thing. What's wrong with stopping someone from scoring when it's your job TO stop them from scoring? Obviously there is a punishment handed out that fits the crime after. It's not like they're getting away with something.

I don't know many players that dive a lot any more.

Everyone straight away says Ronaldo, but steven gerrard dives more for fuck sakes. Ronaldo exaggerate every single tiny little foul to get a free kick, but at the end of the day that's not breaking the rules.

It's when a player goes down without contact, that's true diving and that's an absolute disgrace. I don't see anything wrong in a player looking for a free kick and trying to draw a foul. It's when you hit the floor like a sack of spuds before anyone has touched you that it starts getting ridiculous.

klc123 wrote:
I don't know many players that dive a lot any more.

Everyone straight away says Ronaldo, but steven gerrard dives more for fuck sakes. Ronaldo exaggerate every single tiny little foul to get a free kick, but at the end of the day that's not breaking the rules.

It's when a player goes down without contact, that's true diving and that's an absolute disgrace. I don't see anything wrong in a player looking for a free kick and trying to draw a foul. It's when you hit the floor like a sack of spuds before anyone has touched you that it starts getting ridiculous.

so you don't have a problem with a player diving, or "exaggerating" a foul as you put it but you have a problem with professional fouls?

klc123 wrote:
Everyone straight away says Ronaldo, but steven gerrard dives more for fuck sakes. Ronaldo exaggerate every single tiny little foul to get a free kick, but at the end of the day that's not breaking the rules

Exaggerating fouls is the same as diving, your manipulating the referee...
Its a girly and frustrating thing that some players do... Its deciteful, dishonest, and worst of all it often gets the other player innocently punished

It takes balls to tackle someone then to face up to your punishment, your not getting them punished, not your just taken responsibility for your own drastic action

There really is no arguement

When a player goes down rolling on the floor after been touched hoping to get the player a red card, that's the sort of behaviour I hate to see in football.

In terms of exaggerating fouls, like a player running with the ball, getting fouled and then going to ground when really if they put all their effort into staying on their feet they could do so, I don't really see the problem with this. Of course this isn't ideal, but I feel there are much bigger problems in football that should be dealt with before this.