Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League Final

Who will be crowned the champions of Europe on the 22nd of May?
Poll ended at 20 May 2010, 23:00
FC Internazionale  59%  (10 votes)
FC Bayern Munchen  41%  (7 votes)

Bayern were painfully predictable today. Jose's game plan while frustratingly boring, was extremely effective. Credit to Milito and Jose, masterminded the win.

This is an oppen comment:

I'm so annoyed by these bad losers that criticize the way Inter plays, who are you to tell an italian team, to not play definsevely, as a team, your gonna use your strengths to win, and Inter strengths is definetly defending. If you have Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Maicon, Chivu wouldn't you play defensively? Or are you gonna criticize Barcelona, "for attacking to much". Teams have playing styles to much their strengths and weaknesses of their players. If you don't like it, too bad, thats how they play, and it works for them that why their kings of europe, maybe next year, a team with beautiful glorios football will win it all, and we will congratulate them, but in all seriousness, who are we to say that playing defensive football is 1% more or less great and worthy than attacking for 90 minutes. Thats tactics my friends
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

panchester07 wrote:
This is an oppen comment:

I'm so annoyed by these bad losers that criticize the way Inter plays, who are you to tell an italian team, to not play definsevely, as a team, your gonna use your strengths to win, and Inter strengths is definetly defending. If you have Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Maicon, Chivu wouldn't you play defensively? Or are you gonna criticize Barcelona, "for attacking to much". Teams have playing styles to much their strengths and weaknesses of their players. If you don't like it, too bad, thats how they play, and it works for them that why their kings of europe, maybe next year, a team with beautiful glorios football will win it all, and we will congratulate them, but in all seriousness, who are we to say that playing defensive football is 1% more or less great and worthy than attacking for 90 minutes. Thats tactics my friends

From a neutral point I think most people can agree playing defensively with 11 men behind the ball is boring as fuck. Imagine if Bayern played like Inter, what kind of game would that be? If every team looks at Inter's win today and ultimately decided they should play like that then where's the fun and excitement of the beautiful game? Nowhere. There's tactics and as some barça players have put it, anti-football. (not saying inter played anti-football)

What a boring game.....

Did anyone catch Jose's interview with Sky Sports after the match?

He basically said that this was his last game for Inter, and it is highly likely that he will be with Real Madrid next season.

He also said that after Madrid, it is his wish to return to England again.

mor is an amazing coach i really wish he would go to manchester after SAF retires if he does leave next season although at the same time i'm skeptical because he always leaves quickly. ReXage i don't know what game you were watching but that game was great.

Quote:

mor is an amazing coach i really wish he would go to manchester after SAF retires if he does leave next season although at the same time i'm skeptical because he always leaves quickly.

I too (being a huge Man Utd fan) want to see Mourinho at OT in the future.

And on your second point, I only believe he leaves quickly because, at the moment, he has an aim of winning the Champions League with 3 different clubs (as no one has ever done it before, and he confirmed this tonight), and because he wants to win the league in all of Europes 3 main leagues (Spain, England, Italy).

But after he has done that, then yeah, I can see him settling down at a club (like he has said he wants to) and I really hope that it will be United, as he has already expressed his desire to manage us if the club wanted him.

Inter Milan defended the whole game. Had almost all their squad playing defense

Ward9310 wrote:
Did anyone catch Jose's interview with Sky Sports after the match?

He basically said that this was his last game for Inter, and it is highly likely that he will be with Real Madrid next season.

He also said that after Madrid, it is his wish to return to England again.

Yeah I seen that, he practically made it clear he's leaving, he said that and something about wanting new challenges in his life and what not. He also said he was tired of Italy.. He supposedly accepted to a german tv source that its real madrid he's going to, and Madrid has offered him 10 million for 3 seasons.. He said something about how he gave it his alll for Inter, and said he would only talk to other teams after the final, and that now he's free to chose were he's going.

---
Who do ya'll give the player of the match to? In UEFA.com they gave it to Sneijder !?!?!?!

-Imo its clearly Milito, if not maybe Samuel or Cambiasso, but not Sneijder, not today.

Quote:
Inter Milan defended the whole game. Had almost all their squad playing defense

And it worked. So your point is?
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07 wrote:
Who do ya'll give the player of the match to? In UEFA.com they gave it to Sneijder !?!?!?!

-Imo its clearly Milito, if not maybe Samuel or Cambiasso, but not Sneijder, not today.
I only saw the second half but from that (and taking player of the match as just who did the most) I'd give it to Robben. But since Inter won giving it to Sneijder seems right. Milito got the goals, but he didn't do much other than that since Inter was letting Bayern attack the whole game.

Milito was the one that did the most offensively for Inter by faaar ! he had 2 goals out of two chances, and out of like 4 Inter attacks.

Even if he didn't the 2 goals that gave your team the championship, are more than enoughh to be immortalied as the best in your team.

Sneijder just gave him one pass, the other one was by E'too.

On the other hand, Milito beat a man, and gave a pass that left Sneijder 1 v 1 with the keeper, the dutch couldn't finish. He also gave Pandev a pass that left him vs Butt, he cuoldn' finish either.

Sneijder missed a 1 v 1 goal, that Militto set him up to.

Technically he could have had 2 goals and 2 assists.

Sneijder played well, but the outstanding one was really milito imo, though if you think Sneijder was the best, then I guess I have to respect that. I'm just pointing the facts and stating the reasons why I think he was 1000 times better than Sneijder tonight. From watching both halfs.

In fact, what did Sneijder do besides giving a good wall pass back to Milito?

More opinions?

I would've been fine with giving it to Zanetti or Cambiasso. I thought they played their roles excellently and were the rock of the team (like they have been the entire year)
IMO in Zanetti and Cambiasso you have Inter's version of Xavi and Iniesta in their partnership and relationship, except they're the defensive version of them.

He got the ball and passed it up field in a counter attacking fashion, just like every other player for inter. I have no problem with teams parking the bus and playing counterattacking football, but I have a hard time really saying any player was "player of the game" when the team plays that way. So really I'm 100% indifferent to which inter player got the honor, Milito got 2 goals, but other than that he wasn't "better" then the other inter players. They all did their jobs, thats why they won.

Soccer11 Yeah I agree man, offensively hands down to Militto(no duh) ... But 75% or more of the game Inter was defending, and thats when these two definetlyy did work and helped the team in all kinds of ways. Surprisingly, they're both over 30 years old, but they ran, slid, and hustled like they where in their prime age.