Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League Final

Who will be crowned the champions of Europe on the 22nd of May?
Poll ended at 20 May 2010, 23:00
FC Internazionale  59%  (10 votes)
FC Bayern Munchen  41%  (7 votes)

They're not good enough for that defensive juggernaut Argentina though :P

Haha no comments about that ...hate that guy.. I think he wants to prove something to someone or demonstrate "I can win it with hype and local young players" I don't really know what he's doing, but he's making a hugee mistake .. Two key players in inter's triple championship
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

I just looked it up and Cambiasso is actually only 29. He's not old at all. He's probably in his prime right now considering the position he plays.

Woah.. He's still young.. My bad, I just thought he was older since he's been playing like for ever, and he's bald :D

panchester07 wrote:
Woah.. He's still young.. My bad, I just thought he was older since he's been playing like for ever, and he's bald :D

no no, I was just as surprised myself. I thought he was at least 32. He's been at Inter since 2004 and played 2 seasons before that at Real Madrid.
Before that he played at River Plate. Might be the reason Maradona didn't take him.

Evan wrote:
Quote:
Inter Milan defended the whole game. Had almost all their squad playing defense

And it worked. So your point is?

They're a boring team and play anti-football

Get out of here!. They are fair champions and the best team in europe. They have a counterattack style, but thats how they chose to play, and thats what leads them to winning, who are you to criticize them? And I didn't find them 1 bit boring at all.

ReXage wrote:
They're a boring team and play anti-football

Honestly speaking,they are. I was hoping for a much more lively clash. :roll:

I am not saying defending is bad or is not important but depending solely on it (defending) is not what we football fans want to see.It makes sense if you are using these types of strategies to nullify the attacking prowess of Barca where you do not have enough quality to keep sending waves of attack but to use it like teams against Bayern where you are better than your counterparts, is not the best of decisions.
All good teams defend properly but they do not completely rely on it. Man utd,Chelsea are all good examples of it and they have been more successful than Inter.
Anyways, congrats to Inter.

I can honestly say I've never enjoyed seeing a team play such defensive football.

It wasn't even like defending attacks, it was as if they let Bayern get a certain distance up the pitch before laughing and deciding to crush their attack in seconds lmao. Pure excellence.

In terms of him being Real Madrid coach next season, I'm already hearing people saying if Mourhinho wins everything with Real Madrid, they will still sack him because they want to see exciting football. That's a load of bollocks in my opinion, they've played fairly exciting football matches this season and won nothing, I think they will be happy with a champions league win regardless of how they win it.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

That's pretty much how i saw it. Inter were basically toying with Bayern. Bayern may have had twice the possession that Inter had but it was as if they ran into a brick wall once they got to the 18 yard box. And on the other end, Inter made their chances count which, on the one actual chance they did have, Bayern didn't.

I can think of two occasions in which Bayern should have scored.

There were also countless times when Robben got to the Line and just didn't play a good cut back, any other team would have scored in situations like that.

Quote:
I think they will be happy with a champions league win regardless of how they win it.

I'm afraid you don't understand how the mind of Florentino Perez works. :lol:

In fact...I'm pretty sure nobody understands the retard.
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Yeah I know what you mean.

This season he asked for attacking stylish football, and it was given, and even after getting enough points to have won the season any other year, he still sacked the manager rofl. If someone cracks that man's mind, then they are a pure genius.

Mourinho will do well at Real, if they get a domestic double, regardless of how he plays, I think they will keep him for at least one more season lol.

Impecabble defending and counterattacking football at its perfection.. If you wanna call it something else than you likely have issues with Mourinho or Inter.

I think it would be even more interesting to see Jose move to Real Madrid, they pay him a ridiculous salary and sign the 3 Benefica players that he wants for roughly $100M...and they still end up trophyless. They'll be competing against a even stronger Barcelona side with Villa and possibly Fabregas next season for the League and Copa Del Rey...so it's possible. It's not probable, but damn, I'd give up football for a month to see it happen just so we could see that drama unfold. I bet the people of Madrid would lose their minds....lol