Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Thread Barca is Gonna win the whole thing.....

Quote:
You kidding right?
You cant possible say that you see anything that speaks for that statement. Their squad is smaller. They are in more debt than they ever have been. Dude Imagine if Pique would get injured, what are they suppose to do?

None of that has anything to do with how they are playing currently, which is better than they were in 08.
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

klc123 wrote:
Lio is the best player in the world, but Xavi and Puyol have done much more for the club, there is more to football than goals and assists.

Football is a simple game, at its simplest purest form it is about goals, Goals change games and most importantly goals win games

The most valuable players are always goalscorers, maybe not the most team orientated, but the most vauable because they win games

A great team is a team who scores lots of goals and wins lots of games, not a team who passes well and makes lots of chances

Thats why every second kid supports Barca... Not Arsenal :wink:

And on that note I could well see Barca winning it all, so power to your prediction Pan... I'll rate you 10 if they win :D

Juice man, go to the pharmacy and buy a big chill pill.. I don't have time to defend my staments, but I'm not gonna get into an insulting battle over the internet just because you disagree with my views..We're talking like men, not fighting over the internet like little sissy's, I didn't call you names or insult you ever, in fact I thought I was cool with you or whatever :?

I'm leaving right now, and Illl post why I disagree with what you said, starting off by saying that the economic problems, the shorter squad, etc has nothing to do with how they play... If you check stats, right now they have more points than previous seasons with Pep in charge, they also have more goals scored than previous years with Pep in charge, and Xavi said they are playing better football, which makes my statement, atleast a considerable one.

That they are in debt has nothing to do with how they play on the field, and if you think IM the one who's kidding for saying that I think they are better now, just because they have a shorter squad, then we have big differences...

Man City is rich, and have a big squad, are they the best team? No.. Best teams play footballl well on the field DUH ... In other words I agree with Evan.... and on NBP's point I agree as welll.. Many things are being said on this thread that have nothing to do with the team, the competition and there performences.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

first of I would like to say that I DONT think that Barca plays bad in anyway.

These guys play around 70-80 games/year, so yes ofc that a shorter squad will effect them in a negative way. You got to know that these people are humans like every other player in the other leagues.

Quote:
If you check stats

Yeah, I think you should do that. They havent even been close to what they were in the 08-09 season. They Scored around twice as much goal by now that season.

And yes the economy can (and probably will) effect the way they play. Man City is a great example. Compare them with the city we knew in 08/09. They are actually competing for the title right now!. Their not the best team right now, but they are getting there.
Or look at liverpool, the whole money-games that the owner had. What did that lead to?...
If money hadn't an effect on the way teams play, believe me the leagues in Europe would be a whole lot diffident.

Look at the German teams, there league i growing like crazy. Why? because they choose to keep the cheep standings (the short side of the pitch where the audience is standing instead of sitting on a chair) wile the rest of Europe choose to have only seatings in their arenas.
My point is that everything that happens outside the pitch, will sooner or later effect the way a team plays.

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

Evan wrote:
Quote:
You kidding right?
You cant possible say that you see anything that speaks for that statement. Their squad is smaller. They are in more debt than they ever have been. Dude Imagine if Pique would get injured, what are they suppose to do?

None of that has anything to do with how they are playing currently, which is better than they were in 08.

I agree with this.... Its almost common sense, again Xavi, the brain behind the tiki-taka, confirmed it.. He said they are playing better than in 08-09.. I mean, he plays for the team, who are you, me or anybody to question him? Who knows best, a player that trains everyday and plays every weekend withh the team, or you and me random football fans.... To me its quite obvious, teams don't take shots against them, the tiki-taka has improved and evolved, and most player play together with club and country, if you pay that much together your bound to improve, fact of life.......Not only that, Messi is better than in 08-09, when he scored 38 goals per league, last season he scored 47, and many think he'll score more this season .... That is, the team playing together, for 2 years now, and improving.. their star player (the one on your sig) reaching a whole new levell of play where he is the best in the world period and the dominant way in which they win the games.. teams can't see the ball, games of possesion of 76%....... Raping their rivals 5-0 when they where playing so well ... in 08-09 they only beat Madrid 2-0....

Quote:
And yes the economy can (and probably will) effect the way they play. Man City is a great example. Compare them with the city we knew in 08/09. They are actually competing for the title right now!. Their not the best team right now, but they are getting there.
Or look at liverpool, the whole money-games that the owner had. What did that lead to?...
If money hadn't an effect on the way teams play, believe me the leagues in Europe would be a whole lot diffident.

This might be true, but i'm talking about the end of this season, not in 4-5 seasons when you might start seeing the effect...

About the stats, they have the exact same amout of goals in league than 08-09 which are 46 goals, but they have more points this season, than the mentioned season.. its pretty close stat wise, just that they have won more matches this season ...

I believe they are stronger, as many people do..
I believe economic situations wont affect the performance of the team, this season... maybe in a few later, but now it isn't gonna affect them...

plus they are getting sponsored by a middle eastern oil qatar company or whatever, receiving millions of dollars from them..so that will fix the situation a lot

The many games played is a valid point, with the short squad and what not, butt its not affecting them now, and we are talking about who's playing better NOW.. Maybe towards the end of the season they will have troubles with injury, but we are comparing barca by the 15th fixture of 08, to barca by the 15th fixture of 2010... and the short squad isn't affecting them now, so in other words its irrelevant

Quote:
Maybe towards the end of the season they will have troubles with injury, but we are comparing barca by the 15th fixture of 08, to barca by the 15th fixture of 2010... and the short squad isn't affecting them now, so in other words its irrelevant

Oh, Yea right now their one of the best. But what im talking about is that they wont win the league/Champions, and that is decided by the end of the season.

Anyways, we'll see if they will win anything...

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

I'd like to point out Chelsea. At the start of the season they looked supreme. They were consistantly pummeling teams and they were my tip for the champions league. They lost two or three major players and boom no one is talking them up right now.

Barca are no different to any other team in the world. If they lost any of Messi, Pique, Xavi, form would suffer. Take the example of Chelsea, they were missing Terry and Alex at home to Sunderland and got hammered 0-3. Doesnt matter who you have in your team going forward if a team is missing its first choice defence they are in trouble.

Point is anything can happen. Nothing is certain.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

True nothing is certain..but I'm positive barcelona will win both la liga and champions league. If you think not...then you dont know what you are talking about. They are playing the best football and the most dominating. they are the best in the world, and there is no doubt over that except idiots who dont know what they are talking about. Mourinho and his tactics...with real madrid...got embarressed. I havent seen an embarressment that bad in a lonnnnnng time. They made them look like a park district team from montana.

All the stats, wins, everything is pointing towards barcelona winning everything. If you were a betting man, it is almost suicide to bet against them. But hey, some people are stupid like that and get lucky.

Now its not going to be easy for them...no doubt about that. They are going to have to play top football all the way. La liga is almost a certain now (for them to win). UCL will be tough...because every team is quality. Let alone, every other team wants to lift the trophy and get the title of best team in europe as much as barcelona. But as long as barcelona play like they have the past month...i cant see anyone stopping them TBH.

We will see though. Im positive they will win everything though.

NBP, the game is not that simple.

If it was then Real Madrid would have been contenders for the league and UCL consistently and unwaveringly.

There is definitely more to winning a football match than scoring goals.

To win a match, you need to score more than the opponent. When you look at it that way, it is simple, but the complexities that arise when you look into it ensure that this is not always the case.

Xavi and Iniesta are two of the best midfield players in the world, they can make 500 passes between them in a game. The amount of time they keep possession, and the amount of pressure they and their colleagues take of the defence by merely passing the ball around for a large percentage of the time, is what helps them win games. The fact that Xavi and Iniesta can create dozens of chances a game, as well as have an eye for goal themselves just highlights what amazing players they are.

You are comparing Arsenal to Barcelona? Arsenal rarely have 60+% of possession as far as I know from whenever I have watched them this season. Barcelona, who I have watched and supported every single game, have rarely had less than 60% of possession, that puts it into perspective for you.

If you wanna talk about how simple the game is, talk about how old men always say "the opposition can't score if they don't have the ball" or "pass and move is the fabric of the game." Those two things are fundamentals in Barcelona's systems, and it is no coincidence that then win most games.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

ajc

No one can predict Barca's future with absolute certainty.. but I think we can all agree that the football they are currently playing is mind-blowing. They are untouchable at the moment. Lately it seems like no matter how well their opponent plays or the effort they put out, Barca are destined to get huge results.

To me it seems like David Villa is one of the players who gives the ball away most often. David Villa. They have so much quality in the side and it seems like they are progressing and playing more fluidly as a team with each passing game (pun intended). Obviously form by its very nature is temporary- but I could very well see Barca continuing on without hardly a hiccup.

I don't think anyone deserves to be awarded ratings based off of the Catalunyans potential successes unless you are willing to wager an arm or a leg. Or both.

And on a side note, the incredible ovation for Iniesta from the Espanyol supporters and players was a beautiful display, unlike anything I'd ever personally witnessed in football.
Click it

Barca of 08-09 season goals scored by the 16th fixture.... 48 ........

Barca of 10-11 season goals scored by the 16th fixture ... 51 ........

Barca of 08-09 season, goals allowed by the 16th fixture.... 10...

Barca of 10-11 season, goals allowed by the 16th fixture ... 9..

Barca of 08-09 season, points by the 16th firure ........41.......

Barca of 10-11 season, points by the 16 fixture.......... 43.......

More goals scored, less received, and more points... nuff said, they are better already, they play with club and country and they win more resounding, they humiliated real madrid 5-0, and there victories now are more outrageous than ever....the team has matured and evolved in these 2 seasons that have passed.. if you keep the base of the team, and make them play together for 2 years they are bound to evolve.. in amateurs, in semi-pro, pro, world class, or legendary teams..

Yes, of course it guarantees nothing, and injuries could be crucial, luckilly barca has a great academy that they can aid themselves from, Xavi and Messi where both already injured in this season during times, and Barca's results where still positive though games where more like 2-1, 1-0, instead of 0-8, and 5-0.....

That being said, I do think that the liga doesn't have the level of the premier league, and that there are 2 big good teams, and around 4-5 pretty good ones and the rest are very, very shit, so that might have a negative effect when Barca goes to Europe and play..

Quote:
I don't think anyone deserves to be awarded ratings based off of the Catalunyans potential successes unless you are willing to wager an arm or a leg. Or both.

I know that was rather exagerated, and bs for the matter, but saying it in december when we all know form is temporary, the squad is short, and they play many games per year and predicting it should get some sort of credit.... I'll tap myself in the back for saying it though :):)

I agree with mustahfa...

Espanyol played well today, though, and I think 1-5 is exagerated for what happened, they made an effort and created chances ever now and then.... Barca didn't have the ball as much as usual, but what was crucial was what they did when they had it.... 6-7 quick passes, ball to Messi, Messi cuts, see's a whole and finds Villa and leaves him alone vs Kameni, very similar to the goal vs Madrid... Mixed posession ,then tiki-taka, tiki-taka Xavi gets the ball, and see's a free avenue, pass between 3-4 players and finds Villa unmarked again, who finishes well.- They didn't have 70+% of posesion like always, possibly 60 % or less at times, but they still scored 5 goals because when they had the balll they did great things with it and moved it welll.. Espanyol played well and still received 5 goals, this team isn't from this planet :O The numbers are alarming..

My eyes heart from watching so much football.

Pochetino(espanyol coach): "Barcelona brushes perfection"

The iniesta ovasion was really nice to see all players applauding him and the whole stadium doing so.. really shook me, Real Madrid take note...

Great game Pedro.. I think Cristina should know well by now who he is :)

PS: Messi 11 assists and 17 goals....... BRUTAL

haha, I think next time Mourinho says Villa can't score on anybody he might end up surpassing Messi himself :O:O

I can't beleive Arsenal are so unlucky as to draw them again, ruined my weekend :(

NewBornProdigy wrote:
I can't beleive Arsenal are so unlucky as to draw them again, ruined my weekend :(

I hear you, but they had no real reason not to be 1st in that group, specially with the start of the tournament they had ....

Shaktar could have gotten Barcelona, and no one would have missed them in the last 8 round, but no... you had to be second in that group :roll:

dunno wats sso baed baoitu it..its better to bve defeated b y the eventuall champions in febrauroy rather then in may. Thats way they can conedntrate more on the league.

$$ the farther you go the more money you make they really don't have a shot at the league either so they might as well get more money this season i suppose.