Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Round of 16 UCL

If Gattuso knew anything about football he would not have stuck his head on Joe Jordan. The guy was way out of his league. Clearly a little man who can dish it out but cant take it back.

Milan were a disgrace tonight. I expected/wanted them to win but their behaviour (not to mention flamini's tackle) was pathetic. Gattuso was diving left right and centre looking to get players booked and half their team practically tried to roll Corluka off the field when he had a serious injury.

Unacceptable excuse for being inadequate...

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Great work from Redknapp's boys, I really like Totenhamm. keep an eye on them in the UCL

Milan were playing castenachio in the first half? Defending and letting totenham attack on them, i didn't really understand that, as they needed to to that away in White Hart Lane in a few weeks instead of now, what a retarded tactic... Another thing that was retarted was the absence of Cassano/Pato... I think thats called LACK OF AMBITION ..You need to score atleast 2 goals to go comfortable to the second leg, and Seedorf wasn't gonna do the job... Robinho played a good match.. Apart from that I couldn't believe how Milan was playing such terrible football.. I don't know how they thought they where gonna make it to the next round, and now much more that Spurs have the leg won to an 80%. If Defoe plays in the second leg Milan don't even need to make the trip to London.

Milan is a cementry of dinasours, bunch of grandpa's, with such an old team playing games almost every 3 days at this time of the season, its normal that Milan wont make it further than the last 16 till they rejuvenate the team, today we've seen a much fresher Totenham, with more ideas than the azzuri's, good for the spurs, by the way why didn't Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili play? :lol:

Tottenham could have been up 0-2 by the end of thefirst half, specially thanks to Van Der Vaart.. Such a player, how much quality... He had the italian's dancing and chasing sshadows and they couldn't even smeell the ball when he had it..... Lennon is terrific.... I told everybody in the table that he was much better than Walcott and everybody was defending Theo... Maybe that will show em..

I think Gattuso is hilarious.. his intensity and heart are fantastic, but he needs to control himself..... I think the Gattuso vs Crouch fight was funny.. But when he pushed one of the assistant managers, and then headbutt him was a shame... Its like messing with a little kid, or picking on a woman.. You are footballer in shape, abusing of an older man..My friends and I sure had a laugh during the match watching him commit his crimes and being such a fucking hot-head that he is haha... I hear he has a daughter... Boy would i hate to be that girls' boyfriend...

Flamini's foul was horrible, if thats not a red then what do you need to do? Throw an atomic bomb? I hope Corluka can be back soon.

I was more concentrated on the Milan game, but i was confident that Valencia would win..Shalke is 10th in the bundesliga for crying outloud, but to be honest the game could have gone either way.. Valencia wasn't better, and the 1-1 was a fair result

I agree with scottyboy

Imagine Gattuso- De Jong - and Hernanes - Not even Chuck Norris can penetrate that midfield :) :roll:

Is bale back for the next second leg?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

How did Gattuso not get a red card earlier on when he grabbed and pushed Jordan by his throat?? The ref was right there and I assume he saw the whole thing because he came running up right away. Unbelievable. I used to really admire Gattuso for his work ethic and passion, but now he's just a has been. Word of advice to Gattuso, don't get in a fight with this guy:
you won't win.

Why didn't Defoe play?

I looked for news about him but I see he isn't injured? He was a while back I remember, and is it just that he hasn't found his form?

I think he's 10,0383941,102 times better than Crouch and that Totenham is much more of a threat, much more complete, with a quick, technical, deadly striker like him up front, than with that clumsy-giraffe that seems to have bricks in his boot and can't control the ball for squat!

I'm not sure exactly why everyone refers to Jordon like he's Mike Tyson. Clearly, Gatts is a bit crazy as well and I'm not exactly sure people would line up to fight him either. I don't think there would have been a fight but I'm Gatts was trying to fire his side up(even though it was a very classless display). They were "speaking Scottish" to each other according to Gatts after the match(whatever the hell that means but Gatts did play for Rangers back in the day) so I'm sure that probably played a bit of a role in the scuffle.

Defoe played in their last league game and looked OK, but I'm sure they were trying to expose the size difference in Milan by using Crouch. Sandro was very rugged through the midfield and was VERY lucky not to get called on that foul right outside the box on Ibra. I was surprised to see VDV come off unless they were worried about his calf.

Quote:
I think he's 10,0383941,102 times better than Crouch and that Totenham is much more of a threat, much more complete, with a quick, technical, deadly striker like him up front, than with that clumsy-giraffe that seems to have bricks in his boot and can't control the ball for squat!

Crouch has proved his worth for Tottenham. He's a target man, he's not expected to have mad control over the ball, and he's tall as fuckall, obviously he won't be the fastest guy out there. Defoe is an unreliable striker for Tottenham, technically better, but Crouch gets the job done. Who needs technicality up front when you have Modric, VDV, hell even Kranjcar.
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Doesn't crouch have like 4 goals this season?

I didn't see any target man today, i saw a huge spagetti running helplessly all over the field with a white jersey on..

Seriously that goal was 100% lennon, he left Yepes behind, and played the ball to Crouch with the keeper already beaten.... He played horrible, i even quesiton if he has the level to be a profesional

The point you made about van der vart, modric and krancjar is for real... but theres no such thing as too much technicality or else look at barca or madrid.. the more the better...

He's got 9 goals in 30 apps in all competitions this season. I'm not saying he's anything special, just saying that Defoe is unreliable.
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

"speaking Scottish" You dont have to be a lip reader to see what Jordan was saying :lol:

Joe Jordan was an old fashioned number 9. if he had been playing instead of Crouch when he clashed with gattuso then im pretty sure gattuso would be missing some teeth as well.

In fact joe jordan played for AC milan? I think...

To show anyone that ammount of disrespect never mind a former player of your club is embarrassing.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Quote:
Joseph "Joe" Jordan (born 15 December 1951 in Cleland[1]) is a Scottish football coach, currently working as one of Harry Redknapp's assistants at Premier League team Tottenham Hotspur. He is also a former professional football forward, who played for Leeds United, Manchester United, and Milan, among others. He is the only Scottish player to score in three World Cups (1974, 1978 and 1982).[2][3]

Yeah he did - Wow quite a good footballer dude .. Score on 3 world cups and play on pretty big teams...

aight if you see gaby milito play in the middle.........arsenal fans rejoice

but i think abidal has to move in to the midde, leaving maxwell on the left, which is a problem because maxwell cant match up to walcott's quickness

barca's core strength comes from the most deadliest triangle on the field. Iniesta-Messi-Xavi. About 85% of the goals involve them in the build up (both directly and indirectly). If you cut out the connection to messi, barcelona will have problems

Also, if xavi-iniesta are pressured well enough by song and wilshere, then there might be a miscalculated pass from the genius midgets. This can lead to a counter attack with a deadly accurate pass from another midget in Arsenal. This can be the most troublesome for us. How?

Since xavi and iniesta barely lose the ball, the wingbacks push up the field to attack a lot. I mean they are brazillians.... so its expected :lol:

if they do miss a pass however, there will only be two CBs left behind and maybe a DM racing back to help them out.

Pique is a great player but lets be honest, he is clearly short of pace in comparison to the arsenal forwards.

I am guessing Guardiola is going to tone down the attack to avoid getting murked on the counter. Perhaps take out Pedro for Keita or Mascherano to bolster up the defence. Iniesta will join messi and villa up front.

hey anyone noe any streams to watch the game?

thx

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=1 ... art=sports

here is a list of streams. you might have to go through trial and error routine before you find a good one.

Wanderer wrote:
hey anyone noe any streams to watch the game?

thx

Why don't you hit up a restaurant? Luckily fox sports passes both games in my house so I have no problem with that, but when Madrid or Barca play or any big games that I can't watch I usually go to a restaurant, have a coke, some wings and relax to some good football.. Better than watching it online

i agree with panch. streams are often very grainy and take away from the enjoyment of watching the sport.