Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League Final 2011

Who will win the 2011 Champions League Final?
Manchester United  33%  (5 votes)
Barcelona  67%  (10 votes)

klc123 wrote:
I wish all Muslims were like you...the majority of our Muslim community here would come for you with pitch-forks and torches if you were in this dump of brainwashed "multi-ethnic-phobia" country...

Luton :lol: :lol:

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Nahh men, vs Barcelona you have to play with 9 defenders, and counterattack perfectly, like mourinho did in the league and cup game, or else its impossible, its sad to see my red devils chasing the ball all game and getting frustrated -

Fergie needed to park the bus Madrid copa del rey style pressure the shit out of the player and try to pollute and clusterfuck the midfield so Xavi-Iniesta-Messi don't do work _

We already know Messi is the best in the world by miles, and if you give him so much fuckin space and time like you did today you're gonna get raped -

You can't play vs this team like equals, u need to park the bus, see what happened to madrid in november? 5-0! Today could have been more, there is no team in the world capable of playing like equals to barcelona, because they pass to much and move the ball around too well, a part of me hates them because they just beat my team, but another more romantic side of me admires them deeply, play too beautiful, attractive, offensive, and pass too well, like art -

Anyway, they are the best team in a long while possibly in the world, but they are beatable, u need to park the fukin bus, pressure the shit out of them, don't let them breathe then counterattack them and finished them up-
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Met

panchester07 wrote:
Nahh men, vs Barcelona you have to play with 9 defenders, and counterattack perfectly, like mourinho did in the league and cup game, or else its impossible, its sad to see my red devils chasing the ball all game and getting frustrated -

Fergie needed to park the bus Madrid copa del rey style pressure the shit out of the player and try to pollute and clusterfuck the midfield so Xavi-Iniesta-Messi don't do work _

We already know Messi is the best in the world by miles, and if you give him so much fuckin space and time like you did today you're gonna get raped -

You can't play vs this team like equals, u need to park the bus, see what happened to madrid in november? 5-0! Today could have been more, there is no team in the world capable of playing like equals to barcelona, because they pass to much and move the ball around too well, a part of me hates them because they just beat my team, but another more romantic side of me admires them deeply, play too beautiful, attractive, offensive, and pass too well, like art -

Anyway, they are the best team in a long while possibly in the world, but they are beatable, u need to park the fukin bus, pressure the shit out of them, don't let them breathe then counterattack them and finished them up-

They expect every team to do that because that's the best way to play against them. I swear they must do a session at least once a week where it's just about overcoming such defenses. Valencia and Real have had a good go.

Two left backs against Alves and Pedro. A proper destroyer in midfield. Not a fouler, someone like Diarra, with more tactical discipline, like Pepe, a little less hot headed. Pressure the defence, high line. If it goes into midfield, drop and try to keep them in their half by pressing as soon as they cross the half way life. Play offside trap, this is where the destoryer comes in, an unpress Xavi/Ini/messi/ defenders can pick a ball for PEdro or Villa to run onto. Last but not least, pray they have an off day. Barca at 80% is enough to beat any team. Barca at 60% you have a chance but more often than not Messi is at 90 or higher, and he will drag Barca to glory when they get tired.

What a bloody game. It was the perfect final, I couldn't of asked for more. The atmosphere was ecstatic, even from the warmth of my bed, and the football was absolutely pure. Controversy was pretty minimal, other then a few handball complains, it was all about business.

Barca' absolutely dominated after the first 15 mins or so. In the start of the match, I was thinking "Wow, maybe you CAN shut down the Catalans" - Obviously not.

Pedro's goal was class, the finish and th ball from Xavi.

Rooney's was just as good also.

Then, Messi caught out Van Der Saar, who really should of done better imo.

David Villa's goal was the best of the lot imo'. Great work from Messi down the right handside, and when you thought the attack was gone after Messi losing out in the box - BOOM - Villa gives Van Der Saar no chance - Curled it into the upper 90 with textbook style.

Chicharito didn't flourish like I expected. Other then the fact that he didn't get the ball much, he was isolated when he did, and really it's not fair to play someone who's just breaking into the team as a lone striker among the best defenders in the world.
Everything you need, is already inside.

Great game. Barca thoroughly deserved it and there was no bitching which made me happy.

Chicharito is a waste of space. He is a poor mans Ole Gunnar, keep him as an impact player. Park was immense for periods, but I didnt really understand Carrick-Giggs partnership.

Man U are not as good as 09 Man U. The Man United of this season were consistent, won games and deserved the title..BUT in terms of quality of performances were no where near as other seasons.

To beat Barca you gotta be able to win and play brilliant aswell.

even though i expected this its still hugely dissapointing. :(

brillance the boy is 21 in a new league in the champions league final i'll tell you what i told the other fans lay the hell off of him.

On topic the goals that utd allowed were hugely disappointing i wouldn't be surprised if the defense /mids got an earful for letting messi have so much space as well as xavi for the opener.

Quote:
brillance the boy is 21 in a new league in the champions league final i'll tell you what i told the other fans lay the hell off of him.

Hernandez' is 22 years old, and will be 23 in two days. Pedro's 23, and he scored in the final. Two years ago Messi was more than a year younger than Chicharito and played an amazing UCL campaign, plus scored the header that burried Man U in the final of that season (although it's probably not fair to compare Chicharito to Messi). It's no excuse for Javier', the occasion just got to him. I'm a big fan of him, and in his defense he has only just came from the Mexican div., and is now playing for Man U (not even regularly in the starting XI). The UCL final was a huge occasion for him, probably he's biggest yet.

Quote:
On topic the goals that utd allowed were hugely disappointing i wouldn't be surprised if the defense /mids got an earful for letting messi have so much space as well as xavi for the opener.

Not wrong. I don't know what Evra was doing for the Xavi > Pedro play that lead to the first one. It left Vidic' in two minds also due to Evra's poor marking.

The second goal they obviously gave Messi far to much time and space, and the third deserved better defending in general.

Pedro has been at barca for like 6 years this is nothing new for him. Messi also played for barca since he was like 13. So that destroys any of your points.

Man United pressured brilliantly in the first 10-15 minutes but once when Barcelona got into rhythm, it was game over.

Both first goals started when xavi and iniesta stood like 10 meters away from each other, looked around for holes in the man u defence and then goal.

Before the second goal, when iniesta was passing back and forth with xavi......messi creeped in alongside xavi to join in on the action. As soon as I saw that I had a feeling he was gonna do something and lo and behold, what a winner.

My favourite moment though was the third goal. Messi shredded nani and ran down the wing, gives busquet's the ball and villa comes up BIG. Watching Messi slowly turning around to see the ball curling in the upper 90, dropping to his knees with his hands in the air prolly yelling "what the fuuuuuuuuuuuucccck?!?!!" all in slow motion was tooooo funny :lol:

Man United definitely put up a fight and gave me some irregular heart-beats in the first half.

This is the second final in a row where Guardiola put a CDM in as a CB. 10 titles in 3 years is just phenomenal

nick117 wrote:
Pedro has been at barca for like 6 years this is nothing new for him. Messi also played for barca since he was like 13. So that destroys any of your points.

Yea that's true nick.

United was simple outplayed in every department after the first ten minutes. The only chance they had was to attack Mascherano... :cry:

fir_nev wrote:
United was simple outplayed in every department after the first ten minutes. The only chance they had was to attack Mascherano... :cry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13588813.stm

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ScottyBoy wrote:
fir_nev wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13588813.stm
hilarious haha.

Barca are leaps and bounds over any other team going round. No one can seem to match them for quality at the moment.

You know they annoy me with their on field antics, and Im still aware to this conspiracy, but their squad just goes to show what more teams need to do and owners need to understand in terms of winning.

Barca do not have the best players, but the RIGHT players. By all means Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa are all proven world class players, but players like Busquets, Valdes and even Alves and Pedro are not in that catergory by any means. You could replace them with superstars from other sides but they might not fit the package.

Its obvious that these kind of players fit into this team perfectly, have been nurtured perfectly and will become legends without really being world beaters.

Very similar to a Liverpool team in the 80's that are very similar to the Barca today. The players their have become legends. Solid spines of teams are necessary but the additions need to be the right players, not necessarily the best. If you have talent, workrate and a desire to play for the you have more chance than a Balotelli ever being called up.

Barca and Liverpool go a step further because they have their cake made to perfection and have a big juicy cherry on top being Messi, Dalglish etc.

I feel Barca could win as much without the best player in the world. Have a look at the Spanish side.

So what I am saying is that right players rather than the best will win you silverware. Take note The Man Citehs and Chel$kis of the world.

An ideal squad IMHO would consist of 20-22 squad players, experienced players, who will most likely get action due to the squad not having 40 players full of dead woods. If injuries occur youth should step in. Brood baby Brood!