Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League Final 2011

Who will win the 2011 Champions League Final?
Manchester United  33%  (5 votes)
Barcelona  67%  (10 votes)

Pedro is a technically brilliant player. His touch, dual footed finishing ability and relentless drive to win possession allowed him to easily take over Henry and become a regular starter on the wing.

Aguero is flashier and more exciting player without a doubt considering the way he cuts through defenders with the sharp swiftness of a blade being wielded by a ninja. Having said that, Pedro isnt far off in the dribbling compartment either. He is too much of a simple team player, opting to pass the ball or be a wall for messi to play 1-2s with instead of taking on defenders by himself.

Quote:
I agree with you, he is a fantastic player. To say that he is 3 times better than Pedro though? Pedro is also 23 coincidently. He is already a world cup winner, and is a starter in arguably the greatest club side in history.

Pedro has scored 20+ goals for Barca in his first two full seasons, and he also provides a fair share of goals. That is a great record for any player.

Aguero got 27 for Atletico this season? That is outstanding, however you have to factor in that Aguero is Atletico's main source of goals. So he naturally going to be scoring more.

World cup winner or not, he played a pretty good tournament, but when you have 7 Barcelona players on the starting 11, that basically make the same football they do with club, i don't think any of the responsibility falls over Pedro for winning the cup! I mean, Capdevilla is a world cup winner, are you gonna compare him to Marcelo, Coentrao, Evra or Ashley Cole right now because he was part of the 23 that won the world cup? The mayority of the responsibility falls over other players, so the world cup winner argument is pretty weak imo because the tiki-taka and the football was done by other players.....

And the Aguero is the main source argument, its true, but he's the main source because he can wrestle the ball between 3, beat 1 and take a shot with 5 men on, not because Iniesta plays him a brilliant through ball between 3 defenders and he just has to tap it in..Aguero makes his goals, the vast mayority of Pedro goals are good movements and runs where the brilliant passers FCB has just paly it to him so he taps it in FACT

Pedro is pretty good, but i wonder if he weren't part of Barcelona's youth system if he would get half of hype? I think he's there because he has a good level and is good, but also because he is made in la masia, and in the best team in the world, which plays 4-3-3 there should be a birllaint attacker on that position like aguero, which has better movement, dribbling, finishing, heart, and just beats pedro in every department, theres no comparison- he would do Pedro's job better, than Pedro-

Its like the father that has a business and employes his son, here be my CEO, the father is gonna give that job to his son because he is family, but in reality if the father looks around he would find that there are better men that could run the business better, that man is Aguero-

Pedro is great, but son seriously Aguero is Ballon d' Or material, among the leagues of Rooney, Messi, and Ronaldo, at the moment, and Pedro is years and years of being in those categories..

Pedro is pretty good in a super duper team, and Aguero already scored more goals than him, I would like to see Aguero on Barca or Madrid, a team that has the level to constantly create danger, to watch how he fly's past Pedro number! Remember many times when Atleti play its Aguero vs the world, fighting, running, never giving up, beating players shooting with 3 men on, missing, trying again until he scores- If he had a team with the posession of Barcelona, he'd definetly just destroy because the team can work for him, not him running his ass off all dame-

Like you can't compare E'too in his prime to Cuahtemoc Blanco, similarly, Pedro is good, but aguero is fucking exellent
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Ahh I don't know man, some of the things Pedro does to score are unbelievable. Pep said himself that Pedro is the second best finisher in the Barca squad, behind Messi of course. That means he is regarded as a better finisher than Villa! That is pretty impressive in my opinion, when you consider how much of a destroyer Villa can be when he is on form.

Oh no, I didn't mean that Pedro was fundamental for Spain winning the world cup, but to be in the 23 man squad and to play in one of the best national teams deserves credit in my opinion.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

i think saying messi being a better finisher than villa is arguable, its an interesting topic. I believe Messi is a better finess finisher, but i think Villa is a better striking knuckle shot finisher. Messi alot of times is finessing his finishes(chip/placement) I have only seen him score a couple solid strike knuckle ball shots.

finishing isn't split up by the kind of goals you score messi puts more of his chances away making him a better finisher.

...Messi scores a 1 on 1's very consistently.

But he also scores volleys and shots from distance. There were many goals last season and this season which he received the ball very deep, and then travelled with it through the middle of the defence before rifling it into the top corner with his left foot.

Edit:

There is a reason Messi is no. 1 penalty taker.

Quote:
There is a reason Messi is no. 1 penalty taker

Yeah, to compete in the pichichi award with cristiano ronaldo actually -

--

I'm not surprised Pep called Pedro a better finisher than Villa, if you take a good look at Villa, he does miss quite a few sitters and one's on one's, in Spain, he hit the woodwork twice, in the same play i think it was, and finishing is not his best attribute, he's an exellent scorer, exelent movements and skill but he can miss things that look like a piece of pie, whereas in the next play he'll beat two and put it with his left in the top right corner and leave everybody in complete awe- vs Pedro, when he gets sitters its almost for sure a goal-

That being said, Pedro is a good finisher, he still wont ever be in the leagues of aguero - that apart from finishing can do much more, in a decent club, where he has to create his own opportunities and doesn't have Xavi, Iniesta, Lio

collin wrote:
i think saying messi being a better finisher than villa is arguable, its an interesting topic. I believe Messi is a better finess finisher, but i think Villa is a better striking knuckle shot finisher. Messi alot of times is finessing his finishes(chip/placement) I have only seen him score a couple solid strike knuckle ball shots.

I wouldn't say knuckle shot, I've never seen anyone in the Barca' squad even hit one, maybe you mean just a driven shot? I would still put Messi over Villa for driven shot's, that little man hits them with power twice his capacity, and still manages to thread the needle on each and every one.
Everything you need, is already inside.

collin wrote:

Uhhhhhh that wouldn't be finishing, that would be shooting what you are talking about :roll:

Villa can sure score sweet goals from out of the box, no doubt, in fact, it seems to me that Villa scores more super goals that are mega complicated that easy tap-ins!!

Thats why Pedro is a better finisher than Villa

panchester07 wrote:
collin wrote:

Uhhhhhh that wouldn't be finishing, that would be shooting what you are talking about :roll:

Villa can sure score sweet goals from out of the box, no doubt, in fact, it seems to me that Villa scores more super goals that are mega complicated that easy tap-ins!!

Thats why Pedro is a better finisher than Villa

Good point, if you look at all of his South Africa goals, they were all (I think) ranged/solo goals, I don't think I can recall a tap in or 1v1.
Everything you need, is already inside.

Quote:
Good point, if you look at all of his South Africa goals, they were all (I think) ranged/solo goals, I don't think I can recall a tap in or 1v1.

That's true. The first where he went through half the defense then hit the top corner.

The second was an effort from about the 18 that hit a defender and deflected in (Still a nice shot).

The third was the one touch from that long ass distance.

The fourth was vs Portugal where he hit his deflection over the keep.

The fifth was vs Paraguay where he nicked it off the post and in. No truly easy goals.
Quote:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Yeah definetly, thats why he has 88 in fifa, he can dribble way too well, he's not afraid, confident, shows up in big moments, can shoot awesomely, fantastic movement-

thats why i thinkk

a Aguero - Messi - Villa atack, with Busquets- Iniesta - Xavi behind would be virtually unstopable...

Pedro's finishing isn't his only quality though... Forgive me if i'm wrong, but Pedro seems to be a faster player than Aguero. Aguero on the other hand is much better at reading the play and therefore doesn't need as much pace as Pedro. Pedro is also as good with his left as his right. TBH if you could merge the two together you would have a pretty perfect striker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07unh0ioDP4

Quote:
Pedro's finishing isn't his only quality though... Forgive me if i'm wrong, but Pedro seems to be a faster player than Aguer

No no, you're right, on any day, Pedro seems faster than Usain Bolt as well - :roll: