Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Champions League Final 2011

Who will win the 2011 Champions League Final?
Manchester United  33%  (5 votes)
Barcelona  67%  (10 votes)

Pedro faster than Aguero? Kind of. Pedro has a faster top speed but Aguero's agility is ridiculously quick......while we are having this discussion it should be noted that Guisseppe Rossi had the best season compared to those two in La Liga by far. After Messi and Cronaldo, Rossi was the best forward in the league.

panchester07 wrote:
Quote:
Pedro's finishing isn't his only quality though... Forgive me if i'm wrong, but Pedro seems to be a faster player than Aguer

No no, you're right, on any day, Pedro seems faster than Usain Bolt as well - :roll:

Did you have to be so snide?

I do honestly think Pedro is faster, regardless I said forgive me if i'm wrong...
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

shahensha wrote:
Pedro faster than Aguero? Kind of. Pedro has a faster top speed but Aguero's agility is ridiculously quick......while we are having this discussion it should be noted that Guisseppe Rossi had the best season compared to those two in La Liga by far. After Messi and Cronaldo, Rossi was the best forward in the league.

He is also a traitor. Fucker plays for italy and he grew up in the united states

Lmao are you serious? He would be a traitor if he played for United States. Imagine if Messi played for Spain instead of Argentina? :roll:

His parents were Italian immigrants. Yes he was born in the US, but he only lived there till he was 12, when he moved back to Italy to begin his career in football. Maybe if the US had a decent system for recruiting sporting talent then they might have one decent footballer in the National side :roll:

Hargreaves was another example. Ditched us Canadians and represented England in the World Cup.....understandably so :lol:

and unlike an Englishman, he was the only one to score a penalty when England crashed out to Portugal in the QF. Thats just a dead give away, eh? lol

He scored that penalty because he played in Germany for 7 years.

Once a German, always a German. As accurate as fucking snipers.

well i will tell you one thing i jumped for joy when Rossi didn't make the world cup squad, and look what they did, complete shit couldn't even get out of the first round. I bet if he was playing for us we would have beat Ghana. klc there is no room to talk either england wasn't looking so hot. I can honestly say england will not win a world cup for a long time, they think they are the best at everything and its not just the players, its mostly englands media. I feel bad for them actually there is way to much pressure on your national side. Plus england had only 4 players that beat out an american for goals this year in the premiere league, two of whom (kevin nolan, dj campbell) dont even play for the national side.

klc123 wrote:
He scored that penalty because he played in Germany for 7 years.

Once a German, always a German. As accurate as fucking snipers.

woah snipers eh? That totally explains why Nowitzki recently broke the NBA record for the most consecutive free throws in a game :lol:

Quote:
Imagine if Messi played for Spain instead of Argentina?

Messi was born in Argentina, always showed talent and ridiculous skill, watch videos of him back in the day schooling 5-6 kids twice his size in the same manner he does now - Lived 13 years in argentina, transfered to barcelona where he got his expensive hormone treatment and 3 years later was already performing in the fist team, and playing in all the inferiors category with HIS country-and going to the 2006 world cup being 18 -

I don't think he should play for Spain, because he loves Argentina deeply like all argentines and the passion to play for the national team is the biggest glory all kids dream of when they are playing kickabouts in the school yards! and its a big fat lie that he got that good in La Masia in 3 years- If that would be the case barcelona would have 5 Messi's that beat 3 palyers in a row and score all game!! Not true! barcelona payed his hormone treatment, but i honestly think Messi would be the best in the world even if you locked him up in a suit kase for 3 years then let him loose, because he's just talent and skill picked up in the potreros of argentina - you don't get that good doing cone drills, thats playing in pitches with huge holes, hard surfaces, and learning to controll the ball that well - and ofcourse huge amount of talent-

just throwing an opinion out there, not agreeing or disagreeing with anybody
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Exactly Panchester, that was my point, its pretty much the same situation with Rossi. That's why they should play for the nation he plays for instead of USA...

And Collin, the difference is that in England, we know our national side is over-rated and shit, so we don't expect anything more. Rather unlike the US Media which seems to think if they invest a few of years in football development they will be a footballing powerhouse like Spain Italy or Brazil over night. :roll:

klc123 wrote:
Exactly Panchester, that was my point, its pretty much the same situation with Rossi. That's why they should play for the nation he plays for instead of USA...

And Collin, the difference is that in England, we know our national side is over-rated and shit, so we don't expect anything more. Rather unlike the US Media which seems to think if they invest a few of years in football development they will be a footballing powerhouse like Spain Italy or Brazil over night. :roll:

Wait, isn't that the opposite then?

Messi, born in Argentina and lived there for 13 years before going to Spain for his career and now plays for Argentina

Rossi, born in the US and lived there for 12 years before going to Parma Italy for his career and then plays for Italy.

If Rossi's situation was the same as Messi's he'd be playing for the US, wouldn't he? Yes.

Now i'm not saying he should or shouldn't play for the US. That's his decision. Would I want to see him in a US shirt? Of course; he's exactly what we've been missing up front. But he has a better chance of winning a world cup with Italy, so I can see why he'd make that decision.

KLC, US soccer has only been played for about 15 years, when we reach those hundreds and hundreds of years playing soccer like England, Spain and all the other powerhouses have, im sure we'd not only be up there but probably the best like we are in every other sport....

eddy192837 wrote:
KLC, US soccer has only been played for about 15 years, when we reach those hundreds and hundreds of years playing soccer like England, Spain and all the other powerhouses have, im sure we'd not only be up there but probably the best like we are in every other sport....

Sports the USA are the best at.

American football
Basketball
Baseball

Three sports where 98% of the sports funding is and 80% of its participation as the majority of the world does not care for these sports.

Major sports the USA are not the best at which are competed on a world stage.

Football
Golf
Tennis
Rugby
Short distance running
Long distance running
Most other athletics events
Motor Racing
Sailing

The list goes on.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

we usually are the best at swimming also, and i would like to think womans tennis. Also isn't basketball one of the biggest sports in the world next to soccer?

I thought Australians were the best at swimming?
Basketball doesn't really get played in Europe on the same scale as Football, rugby, golf and so on. At least from my experience.

It's not the same soccer11. Messi is Argentine blood, his parents are Argentinian, Rossi's parents are Italian, and only lived in the US for work, and they moved back to get him into his football career.