Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Match ball problem?

So I recently bought an Adidas ball and when I was pumping it I heard air coming out. I don't know if that was the pump or the ball. Does anyone know how to tell if the ball has a small hole? Thanks.

An easy way would be to submerge the ball in water and see if you see any bubbles.

If you do find there is a hole, and the ball is relatively new, I would take the ball back to where you bought it, or ship it back, if possible.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Rome_Leader wrote:
An easy way would be to submerge the ball in water and see if you see any bubbles.

If you do find there is a hole, and the ball is relatively new, I would take the ball back to where you bought it, or ship it back, if possible.

this is pretty much the best advice. Adidas carries i think 1 year warranties on their products.

I was thinking about doing that but I don't want to put an official matchball under water haha. Any other ways of finding out?

water won't hurt it i promise it's how real balls are tested for defects at factories afaik.

I pumped the ball up yesterday and it's still pretty hard today. It has lost some air though but not a lot. If there was a hole should it be deflated by now?

Depends on how big a hole. And yes, certainly, the water won't hurt it, especially if it's an official match ball, which hardly let in water anyway.

All roads lead to Rome.

I got a replacement and I just got the new ball. I came a bit deflated and when I tossed it and caught it I heard some rattling and there was some bumps on the ball. I pumped it up and the rattling sound and the bumps were gone but again I heard a leaking noise, I put it in water and I saw small bubbles coming up. I tried the water test again and there was no bubbles. What’s the problem here?

Perhaps the valve is slow to close? Leave it a day or so, and if you think there's any noticable deflation, then try the water test again. Other than that, I dunno what to tell you. Could it be in your head? :p

Could you maybe tell us exactly what model of Adidas ball it is, opr where you bought it from? Maybe someone else has your ball, or has purchased from the same supplier and could shed some light.

All roads lead to Rome.

I pumped some other balls with the same pump and I heard the same leaking sound, so I'm guessing it's the pump and not the ball.