Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Hyundai A-League

Are there any Australians on here? How do you think the new A-League is coming along? I reckon the only competition is between Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne, forget about the rest.

Newcastle Jets all the way 8)

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

I'm aussie, its close between everyone man, the only team that arent in it are New Zealand Nights, they are useless, worse than a premier division team!

Kew

yup i follow the a-league
i support sydney FC and NZknights.

sydney vs adel finals i reckon.
be good if it's sydney vs melbourne thou

mr dwight yorke vs socceroos archie thompson (provided he doesnt go to the AFC qualifers)

at the time im posting this adelaide and sydney are 2-2 on aggregate after the first leg at hindmarsh stadiuum(adelaide) i will die if adelaide doesn't get through to the finals

Adelaide are definetly the best in the league,

stuff da rest!

Sydney FC to win it.... again.
it's not called the world game for nothing....

Melbourne are the best. We have a sh**load of brazilian imports.
Joga bonito :)
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

MELBOURNE VICTORY all the way they have been playing awsome
brazilians
archie thompson
kevin muscat

VICTORY TILL I DIE
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

Being from Sydney I have to support Sydney FC. However I love the way Newcastle plays and the grit of Adelaide (Costanzo is aweome). Hopefully, from Sydneys prospective Branko CUlina keeps up the good work and we continue to play great football. We aren't quite there yet.

I'm from Sydney and I support Sydney FC. The A-League gets better every year and in my opinion Australia is slowly but surely going to adopt Football as the prime national sport.

Before the 2006 WC Australian football wasn't taken seriously. But people have to understand Australia is a very culturaly diverse country. There are too many nationalites to mention that are a part of the country, well renowned footballing countries such as Italy for example. A large majority of footballers that play football in Australia are actually not of Australian/British decent, just Australian nationality like me.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

i'm form England and we get A-league highlights on sky sports+ i think theres a live match soon. I like the way perth glory play so i sort of support them

joe07 wrote:
i'm form England and we get A-league highlights on sky sports+ i think theres a live match soon. I like the way perth glory play so i sort of support them

What do you think of the A-League in general? When Glory are in-form, they're actually quite interesting to watch, everyone expects them to roll-over and die, then they come back & beat Adl. Utd 3-2, and the Jets (in the GF this Sunday, 4pm), 4-1!!

What do you really think of Aussie football compared to Premier League & C'ship matches etc? Reckon we could pummel Coventry City 5-0 like WBA did over the weekend in the FA Cup? :P

Football is feverishly taking over the Hunter Region as the dominant sport, it's certainly taken over our school almost, haha. Rugby players are now a minority (hell yeah!! :P), footballers just seem to be the higher/moral intellectuals around here..whereas Rugby players quite realistically seem to be like "LOLZ ROUND BALL KICK RLY HARD LOLOL HAHAHAHAHAH DROOL ME LIKEY BOOBIES"..that's a completely accurate representation of Rugby players in our year/school.. :wink:

The grand-final should be bloody awesome this weekend, pity I can't go, study & work-exp. :(

Anyone else from aussie going? Prime-time to revive this subject as the Grand-Final is coming up this Sunday!!

I think Im gonna go for the jets. Despite their ugly uniforms, I like some of their players (Joel Griffiths-awesome). I have a feeling the jets are gonna win it.
Perth Glory are the strangest team...one minute they're at the dead bottom of the table, next they're flogging the crap out of everyone. They beat Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and the CCM. Im very dissapointed Melbourne didnt make the finals :cry: but ah well.
Sig by me

In general i think its an exciting league, from what i've seen it seems to be very attacking play constantly which is a lot more interesting to watch.
Compared to the premier league i think at times it can be better because of the attacking style, obviously there arent really any globally known players like the EPL but in the future maybe they will come. I regularly go to watch English league two games ( three leagues below the premier league) and i often get bored as the teams are to afraid to attack. In my opinion football in Australia has taken off quicker than say in America. When i go to Australia this christmas i really want to see a match!