Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

WUT IS GINGA?

when the nike website talks about Brazil, it always talks about "ginga", but wut is it any way? it is how the Brazilians get so good? does everyone have it?

Ginga is a sort of "mode" if you like:
when you get Ginga, you are sync with your mind, body and soul, it means thet you are in your own zone .
Ginga supposedly has many varieties, but from what I heard, it's kinda if the world slows down and you think clearer. Ginga is not only for soccer, it works for almost everything.
Of course everybody has Ginga, some are diffrent than the others, all you have to do is find it, than develop it.

kind of like 'in the zone'. i dunno. but i think in the zone is everything you do goes right. ginga is where you kinda get the same effect of matrix bullet time, world goes slower>>> u see bullets>>> you dodge them :lol: thats kinda dumb example but best explination.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

cool, thanks u guys. i think that happens to me sometimes when i play, i react faster and do cool moves either to make a turn or get pass a defender.

ginga is something that only brazilians have, its in their blood and makes them the best soccer players ever. dont bother, you cant buy it or develop it u need it at birth. lol
some guy yelled at me...

af2266 wrote:
ginga is something that only brazilians have, its in their blood and makes them the best soccer players ever. dont bother, you cant buy it or develop it u need it at birth. lol

but i heard ronaldo and roberto carlos saying that players like figo and maradona have ginga too

actually i was just repeating what i saw in eurosport : )
some guy yelled at me...

heres my 2 cents :)

Ginga can be obtained by anyone whos willing to try. You hear about Brazilians having it more often because Brasil is the biggest country icon for the sport. Also, probably about 3/4 of the country plays soccer or watches it. More players to realize what it is. Im positive other people can get it because it is the same thing. Brazilians just recognize it more often than not.
-Marcus-

i'm not saying you all are wrong, but i read that ginga was actually a traditional african fighting dance. maybe that was something else, or maybe it has another meaning?
Hala Galacticos

cfrealmadrid wrote:
i'm not saying you all are wrong, but i read that ginga was actually a traditional african fighting dance. maybe that was something else, or maybe it has another meaning?

i think wut u r talking about is capoeira

af2266 wrote:

"Ginga" is like what basketball players call "flava" it's the rythm of the mind and body becoming one w/the ball it's like dancing with it as watching some of the great Brazilian players it's almost like the are having a dance w/the ball (Ronaldinho is the more famous one for this as he seems to samba w/the ball).

And anyone can have "Ginga" (pronounced Jin-gha) it's just style it's just another word for style,flare,skill,flava etc... so yeah I hope this clears things up
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

yes, i think i have a lil ginga in me! woooooooo

J

I think of "ginga" as a six pack of abs. We all have it in us, it's just a matter of finding it. 8)