Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Where will freestyle be in 5-10 years?

Where do you think the art of freestyle will be in 5-10 years time down the road? Will it take-off and become really popular? OR will it remain the way it is at the moment?

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

i dont know for sure, but i sure hope that it stays the same!
Australia - GO THE SOCCEROOS WORLD CUP!
(first time in 32 years and still we have no chance...)

dont give us sh!t, soccer and football are the same thing

MickyD#9 wrote:
Will it take-off and become really popular? OR will it remain the way it is at the moment?

Freestyle won't become popular unless someone finds a way to make money off of it. With soccer, for example, you have live tv rights, ticket sales, merchandise... How many people would pay to watch a freestyler? Not many. Soccer is different, because it's dynastic - if your dad supports club x, you will do the same.

you are assuming they mean poplular like sports/tv/money kind of popular.

it may become popular as in... school yard, hobby popular. like yo yos are popular, chess is popular, stuff like that. in the next 5-10 years i dont see that happening really. further than that i agree with expert.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

People have been making money through live performances and stuff.....and Emil is featured in a commercial. I just thought id ask because i asked palle what kind of career he wanted and he said "freestyler" and that he would get more money than a normal job.

Personally, I think that freestylig is really cool, and I would pay to watch someone show off... especially if they showed us how to do one or two of the tricks after.
Some people say soccer's a matter of life or death, but it isn't. It's much more important than that.

soccerchik17 wrote:
Personally, I think that freestylig is really cool, and I would pay to watch someone show off... especially if they showed us how to do one or two of the tricks after.

yeah that would be cool being thought how to do a move by a pro
cruz azul is the best mexican team in my opinion, lol. harreba el cruz azul.

MickyD#9 wrote:
I just thought id ask because i asked palle what kind of career he wanted and he said "freestyler" and that he would get more money than a normal job.

u talk 2 palle??? thats kl.
I think that it might move on to become like an olympic sport or something, but if it doesnt get into the olympics or something similar, then it will stay the same as it is. Unless of course nike has a televised freestyle contest with the best in the world, and had like tv tutorials and stuff....

Quote:
MickyD#9 wrote:
I just thought id ask because i asked palle what kind of career he wanted and he said "freestyler" and that he would get more money than a normal job.

u talk 2 palle??? thats kl.

hahahaha :lol: :wink: palle is a cool guy to talk to
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

im sure he is...but hes better to watch ( i mean when freestyling...i dont sit there staring at guys..)

I heard freestyle pays a lot! 8) . Thats why I dont plan to quit it yet.

I thought of a crazy Idea on how 2 promote freestyle:

If every club had to contract a freestyler or freestylers. Then these freestylers would train and travel with the club and kind of be part of the team. They can maybe even be a tricks coach or something.Then in half times the freestylers from both clubs battle it out, and have a showdown. There wont be an official winner coz itl' take too much time to have judging, but the audience can decide who the better freestyler was.

This way, there will always be entertainment in half time and it should give freestylers a set job and maybe even recognition.

Tell me what u think of my idea?

Shweet 8)
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

Thats a great idea Syed my boy !!!
This could happen in the future when Freestyle really gets going, and is more popular than Tiddlywinks!!!

8)
www.nasfreestyle.co.uk

Hey that's an awsome idea Syed!!! Hope it happens one day :)

I think that's an awesome idea too! This is a great way to show people how good freestyling is or maybe introduce it to them. :D Great idea syed! :wink:
Barcelona wins it all!

Thanks guys, im glad u like my idea :D
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr