Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

socceroos r underated

   
i think that Australia are totally underated by FIFA. After the world cup we were ranked 33rd. That is a bloody joke. Italy r ranked 2nd and they got lucky beating us 1-0 on a silly penalty which literally was awarded in the last few seconds. Italy were down to 10 men and the match looked destined to go into extra time. Australia probably would of won that match and would of gone on to play Ukraine who r a fairly weak side, (besides shevchenko) and beat them like Italy easily beat them 3-0. We then would of gone to the semis against Germany. it makes u wonder doesnt it? What might of happened hadn't that controversial penalty been given
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry
Image

   
The Australian side is a good one, and I agree that the penalty in the Italy vs. Australia was undeserved, but Italy did win the World Cup...
Image

   
gunnerz23 wrote:
i think that Australia are totally underated by FIFA. After the world cup we were ranked 33rd. That is a bloody joke. Italy r ranked 2nd and they got lucky beating us 1-0 on a silly penalty which literally was awarded in the last few seconds. Italy were down to 10 men and the match looked destined to go into extra time. Australia probably would of won that match and would of gone on to play Ukraine who r a fairly weak side, (besides shevchenko) and beat them like Italy easily beat them 3-0. We then would of gone to the semis against Germany. it makes u wonder doesnt it? What might of happened hadn't that controversial penalty been given


Hang on a minute, all Australia have done is make 1 World Cup finals after winning a penalty shoot-out lottery and won 1 match out of 4 in the finals. Before that, their record is generally pretty poor when they play 'real' teams.

Rankings are based on results and in Australia's last game, they lost 2-0 to Kuwait.
Image

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

   
lol, they own now because they have Shwartzer in goals. Personally, I think Shwartzer could be one of the best in the world if Australia had more popularity.
"We win and we lose, it's just the way it is."
Skill - Once you have it, you love it!

   
They just lost to Iraq... :shock:
Image

   
Midfielder... you've brought back like 5 old topics.. this was last replied in Septemeber before you answered... Think with your head first. Not your arse.

even though I agree that Australia is underated.
Image

   
Viduka wrote:
Midfielder... you've brought back like 5 old topics.. this was last replied in Septemeber before you answered... Think with your head first. Not your arse.

even though I agree that Australia is underated.


They aren't under-rated - they are shite.
Image

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

   
Real_Zidane wrote:
They just lost to Iraq... :shock:

ahahaha, yeah i know but i think they have improved a lot in recent years havent they the aussies?
   
Very true,

In recent years, they have actually managed to beat a useless team in their play-offs to make the World Cup. In previous years they even used to lose to remedial teams like Scotland.
Image

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

   
ratherton im not saying that they are the mostt amazing and consistent team aruond but cmon, a team which put up a fight with the world champions cannot be that bad can they?[/url]
   
So how good do you think Lithuania and the Faroe Islands are who have drawn 1:1 and lost 2:1 to Italy in the last 12 months in competitive matches?
Image

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

   
the socceroos are SO underrated. we should be ranked 30th at the most. the aussies have heaps of european players, the aleague is going strong and when u think about it, if the stupid ref didnt give that penalty to italy, we may have had a chance of winning the world cup.
   
Had2bHarry wrote:
the socceroos are SO underrated. we should be ranked 30th at the most. the aussies have heaps of european players, the aleague is going strong and when u think about it, if the stupid ref didnt give that penalty to italy, we may have had a chance of winning the world cup.

Ok so it's true all the stuff you point out, but...

How can having players (Europeans) from out of your country improve your ranking, that's not how it works. The ranking system is screwed up anyways though.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

   
I think Australia is overrated because everyone thinks they are underrated. Sure they did have a good run in 06, but you have to be consistent which they haven't been lately, losing to pathetic teams.
Image

   
ForzaMilan wrote:
I think Australia is overrated because everyone thinks they are underrated. Sure they did have a good run in 06, but you have to be consistent which they haven't been lately, losing to pathetic teams.


We also beat Nigeria 1-0 in November.

And then we lost 2-1 to our U23 Side last week/end. Oops.

Graham Arnold didn't have the experience to reign successfully over the Socceroos, here's hoping Guss Lite makes a healthy difference for years to come..