Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

AC Milan vs Liverpool who will WIN ?

   
ROIUSA wrote:
do any of you think the liverpool defenders, had not all 3 of them been looking at the linesman, could have possibly stopped the ball from crossing for milans 2nd goal. i think they may have, had they sprinted to the goal line.


I was wondering that myself. It looked difficult but I bet 1 of them could have made it possibly.
Image

   
and i also, the 1st milan goal does hit inzaghi in the chest, but his hand is directly under the ball makign contact. theres a clear shot of it on soccernet
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

   
You can see it hit his arm.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F-h6MHKYdik
Image

   
Real_Zidane wrote:
You can see it hit his arm.


Exactly !!! The ball hit his arm, not deliberate and therefore there is no reason to disallow the goal.
Image

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

   
ratherton wrote:
Real_Zidane wrote:
You can see it hit his arm.


Exactly !!! The ball hit his arm, not deliberate and therefore there is no reason to disallow the goal.


But he turns in the direction to allow the ball to hit his arm. He keeps his arm back from his body a bit just enough to get something off the ball.
Image

   
After watching that again and again and again, I'm not even convinced it hit is arm. If it did, there is no way on earth it was deliberate.
Image

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

   
ratherton wrote:
After watching that again and again and again, I'm not even convinced it hit is arm. If it did, there is no way on earth it was deliberate.


Knowing Inzaghi... I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was.
Image

   

ajc

ratherton wrote:
After watching that again and again and again, I'm not even convinced it hit is arm. If it did, there is no way on earth it was deliberate.

And keep in mind that the replays are done in slow motion. If it was viewed in real time it would be very obvious that it was unintentional.
Image
Click it

   
As a ref, and I could be making a wrong decision here, I would simply not give it because it was a hand ball (anything below the shoulder) and he was moving into the path of the ball and it directly resulted in a goal.
Image
Image
www.mission-control.tumblr.com

   
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Nah...I jz tot the players din hav enough heart...like for the 2nd goal....after the pass from Kaka to Inzaghi....once Kaka released the ball....Carragher/Risse/Agger shud hav been racing back to the goal line...if they did,there was that chance of preventin the goal....but they jz stood there...
In the 2005...when Traore lost the ball to Kaka...the whole team wud be racin back to defend....
I would say that the team of 2005 had more heart...If you watched the 2005 final again...you wud hav seen Gerrard workin hardest and givin 100 percent(after 45 min)...but in tis final...not much was seen of him....except when he missed that chance...I wud say that the 2005 team deserved to win...2007 team deserved to lose....2007 team din giv 100 percent...


what and milan had heart? Knowone deserved to lose, im trying to say this from netural now tho. If we didnt have heart we would have given up long before the 88th minute. We didnt deserve to lose, we had more possesion and chances but didnt take them.

Saying what you said is like me now saying milan didnt have heart otherwise they would have marked kuyt when he scored.

P.s can you please try write properly it really agravates me sometimes cheers.


No matter.
We lost.
YNWA
   
Wanderer wrote:
powell wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Nah...I jz tot the players din hav enough heart...like for the 2nd goal....after the pass from Kaka to Inzaghi....once Kaka released the ball....Carragher/Risse/Agger shud hav been racing back to the goal line...if they did,there was that chance of preventin the goal....but they jz stood there...
In the 2005...when Traore lost the ball to Kaka...the whole team wud be racin back to defend....
I would say that the team of 2005 had more heart...If you watched the 2005 final again...you wud hav seen Gerrard workin hardest and givin 100 percent(after 45 min)...but in tis final...not much was seen of him....except when he missed that chance...I wud say that the 2005 team deserved to win...2007 team deserved to lose....2007 team din giv 100 percent...


what and milan had heart? Knowone deserved to lose, im trying to say this from netural now tho. If we didnt have heart we would have given up long before the 88th minute. We didnt deserve to lose, we had more possesion and chances but didnt take them.

Saying what you said is like me now saying milan didnt have heart otherwise they would have marked kuyt when he scored.

P.s can you please try write properly it really agravates me sometimes cheers.


No matter.
We lost.
YNWA


well if it doesnt matter then why start talking about it? Doesnt make sense? :?
   
It doesn't look deliberate to me. He just flinched a bit when the ball came full speed at him like that. It looks like it bounced off his chest, but even if it hit his upper arm I wouldn't have called it because his arm was glued to his torso.
Image

   
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/ ... angaol.jpg

i dont think it can get any clearer
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

   
ROIUSA wrote:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/ROIUSA/milangaol.jpg

i dont think it can get any clearer


Yes, we aren't debating whether or not it hit his hand, but if it was delibrate or not
Image

   
There's no way that any ref would call that a hand ball while watching it at full speed during a real game. Get over it.

Pippo is a legend!