Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

AC Milan vs Liverpool who will WIN ?

i agree. that was moving wayy too fast to be seen in real life. i didn't even realise it hit inzaghi because of the bad angle they had until the replay.

Real_Zidane wrote:
ratherton wrote:
Real_Zidane wrote:
You can see it hit his arm.

Exactly !!! The ball hit his arm, not deliberate and therefore there is no reason to disallow the goal.

But he turns in the direction to allow the ball to hit his arm. He keeps his arm back from his body a bit just enough to get something off the ball.

Dude the ball came to him so quickly there is no way he could of thought about it. It came and hit him in a flash, you can't possible say he purposely tried to do that. That's just crazy.

I actually think Inzaghi was trying to get out of the way of the shot because he didnt want to block it from going on net and as he was turning his body away it hit him and defelcted into the net.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/article.php?id=262581

The first of Filippo Inzaghi's two Champions League-winning goals for Milan was a fluke according to Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.

"It was luck but that is football," the Spaniard said of the goal that deflected off Inzaghi from Andrea Pirlo's free-kick.

Most of the Olympic Stadium crowd would no doubt have agreed with him but the scorer had an alternative viewpoint.

"It was something that we rehearsed in training," said Inzaghi with a grin. "I scored with it against Empoli. Sometimes it just comes off."
Proof: Italian teams cheat and practice cheating. It was a handball end of. Even still, there's nothing changing that we lost.

So everyone just get over it.

ajc

Okay, so it was an intentional play, but not necessarily an intentional hand ball. The move is likely meant for Inzaghi to deflect it off of his chest, but this time it hit him somewhere near the side of his chest and his arm.

But look at it from the referees shoes, it's a bang-bang play when your out there on the field. I'm sure it would be nearly impossible to distinguish whether the ball hit Inzaghi two inches to the left or right because no one was anticipating the ball even being deflected by him (except Inzaghi apparently).
Click it

Perhaps we should change the name of this topic to

"Did Inzaghi cheat or not?"
"Does it matter?"
www.mission-control.tumblr.com

KPatel wrote:
Proof: Italian teams cheat and practice cheating.

I suppose that pretty much sums it up.

Good find by the way, KPatel.

... remember that video on youtube with the coach blowing the whistle and the players all hitting the ground? Well, maybe there's some truth to that.

Guys, if we can't completely all be sure it was handball in slow motion, there's now way the ref could have distinguished it to be a handball at full pace! It looked like it went off his chest in full time.

Look at it again, and forget about what happened. Watch it for the first time. Of course if you are a Liverpool supporter you go for handball, because they end up scoring. But if it didn't go in, what? Nevermind, it bounced off him for no reason?

At full pace, being completely honest, it was impossible to make sure it was a handball. If it wasn't touched by his hand, the ref would be in a mess. I know I would have called that a goal at full speed.

I was cheering on Liverpool BTW.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Tbh from the pic, I think he was tryin to chest it into the net. Also,look at it tis way, if his hand was cut off, the ball wud still bounce off his body into the net. So, technically, his hand had no part in the goal, so can't be handball. Unless he had extended his arm deliberately to guide it into the net like Maradona.

Pirlo was trying shoot to the right goalpost which Inzaghi supposed to move out of the way, but he was late and it hit his body. I don't think there is something can rehearse in practice, the ball struck quite well, unless he've headed in the goal, then it's quite possible.

Saibomb wrote:
Real_Zidane wrote:
ratherton wrote:
Real_Zidane wrote:
You can see it hit his arm.

Exactly !!! The ball hit his arm, not deliberate and therefore there is no reason to disallow the goal.

But he turns in the direction to allow the ball to hit his arm. He keeps his arm back from his body a bit just enough to get something off the ball.

Dude the ball came to him so quickly there is no way he could of thought about it. It came and hit him in a flash, you can't possible say he purposely tried to do that. That's just crazy.

Nope he kept his arm still in the replay. Come on, we are talking about Inzaghi here: the master of cheap shots and luckiness.

Say what you want about Inzaghi but the man knows how to score at the highest level. I think that Benitez should have brought Crouch on earlier, it seems that he doesnt like playing Crouch because Liverpool turn into a long ball team.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.