Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Brazil Coach Dunga: Your Opinion

What do you think so far of Dunga's "progress" , though the word is hardly appropriate, with the new look Brazilian National Team?

What do you think of his decision to omit players who have come back into form (Ronaldo and Adriano, etc.) and bring up players who are performing well, but not necessarily in the top leagues?

Brazil need a coach that lets them play Brazilian style football. Dunga is simply too defensive. That's not the kind of team Brazil is. They have always relied on their attack to get the job done, and their defense has sometimes been just decent. Get rid of Dunga if Copa America goes to shit.

I definitely agree with you on that one. Ever since he took over, they almost seem as if they're afraid to play, that usual Brazilian "freedom" is kind of out of the game. It's just a little bit too structured. Do you think that they'll make it out of the qualifiers, because judging by their performance, it seems unlikely? (by the way who else was in their group)?

I think they will sneak out of the group stage. They'll beat Ecuador, and narrowly escape a drubbing compliments of Chile, but they'll get out. Although, this is coming from the same guy who predicted a 3-1 Brazil victory over Mexico, so what the hell do I know? :lol:

Group B:

Mexico
Chile
Ecuador
Brazil

Dunga is dung.

I dont like his coaching style , no brazilian flare , not putting players in the right positions , he was a great DM but not the right type of coach for Brazil , they need a more offensive style coach , or play a total football style system. But we will see what happens in this copa america , i hope they win but if they dont they will need a knew coach , Probably Zico HMM
“God gives gifts to everyone, ... Some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.”

[please use a sig no larger than 500x300]

Your signature is way too big. Find a new one or size it down please.

With Brazil's 3-0 win over Chile (although it was the Robinho show), do you think Brazil may have a good chance in making it far in tournament(providing they continue that sort of performance)? Or do you think Dunga's still fated for the firing squad?

I didn't see but a few clips of the game, and it seemed from those clips that they did play a little bit better, or Chile was simply not that great. Either way, I really doubt Brazil will win the Copa America, and that Dunga will still probably get the boot.

Your opinions?

"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

I really hope Brazil don't make it past the group, because they don't deserve it. They were clearly outplayed by both Mexico and Chile who both deserved to beat Brazil. Although Robinho's last goal was a nice one. I'm not sure if Dunga is the cause for this or not but they are not playing like they should be.

I wonder if things would be different if they had Ronnie and Kaka there? Adriano? I'm not sure, just throwing that out there. :wink:

I'm thinking (and hoping) that Brazil are just going to slowly climb down the ranks. Brazil has been the "best in the world" and the team that everyone loves for too long. People should get some f*ckin' dignity and root for their own team in my opinion.

That is just my opinion though.

iwannagopro wrote:
I'm thinking (and hoping) that Brazil are just going to slowly climb down the ranks. Brazil has been the "best in the world" and the team that everyone loves for too long. People should get some f*ckin' dignity and root for their own team in my opinion.

That is just my opinion though.

Damned right! I'm so sick of every other person saying "Brazil iz da best, dey own so much, no arguments." Also, Well said Real Zidane I think they don't deserve to advancem, they were completely outplayed by Chile, and wasn't Chile a man down? Everyone says that Brazil should have won with the chances they had against mexico, what they didn't say was that Mexico also had a lot of opportunities too.

I don't know about you guys but the 90 minutes of the Brazil - Chile game left me with the impression that Brazil were completely deserving of a win.

I dont like him too much but as long as he does his job I cant really say anything. Apparently he has always had something against Ronaldo ever since 98.